This Page

has been moved to new address

50 random things

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Saturday, March 19, 2011

50 random things

I read a "50 things" list on a mummy blog I read so I've decided, in a moment of weakness :p, to do my own. So here you go. 50 things about me you probably didn't know before (and probably didn't need to know).

1. I don't like coconut
2. As a little girl my dream was to be either a doctor, a popstar or a stay at home mum
3. I like lists
4. I get offended easily by carelessness of others. But I'm trying to give it up
5. I studied maths, science and social studies in bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian language) for 3 years
6. I did science at uni to try to get into med. I did well at gamsat but never applied for a place in medschool. I couldn't be bothered. My priorities turned to getting married and making babies and I have not once regretted this
7. It infuriates me when the grass is too long but it rains all weekend so Corey can't mow
8. I don't realise I'm tired until I'm exhausted
9. I worked in retail for five years
10. I felt labour contractions in my back, not my belly
11. I met my husband in highschool. We started dating at 16.
12. I like our year 12 formal pictures better than our wedding pictures
13. I love snickers bars
14. I like post mix coke better than real coke
15. I get frustrated with myself when I can't do something I think I should be able to do
16. I want 3 kids, eventually
17. I played interschool softball at school
18. I like watching "Lazytown"
19. I cooked my first roast tonight and it was yummy (thanks to mum and Corey for helping and dad for entertaining Alexis)
20. I like pie
21. I like Gilmore Girls
22. I am enjoying watching Stargate Universe with my husband
23. I teased Corey for watching stargate for months before I gave in and watched an episode then I bought him the series DVDs
24. My first car was red
25. I cried when we sold each of my cars and "hated" the new ones until I had a few weeks to get used to them
26. I clearly have issues with change
27. I come up any excuse possible to get Corey to change the poopy nappies while he's home
28. I think I suck as a stay at home mum some times coz I'm bad at housework, but the fact of the matter is my daughter is amazing and I'd like to think at least a tiny part of that is because I have all the time in the world for her. Housework waits patiently.
29. I like cooking but for some reason I don't have a lot of confidence I won't poison people or screw it up drastically so when people come over we usually get takeaway or BBQ
30. Right now I think my husband is amazing because he got Alexis to sleep tonight. YAY. In the morning I'll probably yell at him for forgetting to put his crusts in the bin for the billionth time.
31. I'm fickle
32. I like a good debate
33. If I don't understand something I'll research it until I do, or I'll shelve it and never think of it again. It's 50/50
34. Corey just got his haircut and it's really hot
35. No-one is going to actually read this list, surely? 50 random things no-one cares about. How bizzare.
36. We try to go to church every sunday but we rarely get there because we sleep in or we're tired or we get ready to go but run so late we realise it's half over before we get there so we turn around and go somewhere else, like shopping
37. I am somewhat addicted to bubble shooter for android. I think I might have to remove the app, coz it is a real time-waster
38. I subconsciously judge people who use poor grammar and incorrect spelling
39. Some people think all babies are cute but I think some babies are born with rather unfortunate heads
40. I wear sneakers or thongs, I'm not a fancy shoe person
41. I am the sort of person who plays with all the kids at mothers group meetings rather than letting them amuse themselves and having a coffee and chat. This is probably because I often feel I have nothing worthwhile to say. It is also because kids are often more interesting.
42. Yet whenever I talk to my childless friends the subject of conversation is almost always my child
43. I rarely stop thinking
43. I am rarely thinking about what I am supposed to be thinking about
44. Every now and then I feel like "I have all this potential, am I wasting it?" It sounds arrogant to say but I do have a remarkable memory, I really do. Am I being selfish and not contributing to 'the greater good' and all that junk by staying home and not searching for a meaningful scientific job finding a cure for some horrible disease or saving starving orphans in Africa or whatever. I was told as a kid I was destined for "greatness". What does that even mean?
45. I tell myself that if the only "great" thing I'll ever do in this life is give birth to and raise kids who are loved and love others then that is enough for me. That is an incredible blessing and honour in its own right. Is it not arguably what woman was in fact designed for?
46. It frustrates the heck out of me when I do stuff like this because Corey is playing computer games in bed (where and when I would happily be sleeping) and then I finally get into blogging he gets mad at me for taking too long and starts sighing and rushing me to hurry up.
47. He's doing it now, ever so discretely ;). He's just offered to get me a glass of water as a cover story.
48. The most loving thing you can ever do for me (while I'm a mum to a young toddler anyway) is come over and do my dishes. Seriously. I'm not kidding.
49. I've had a random assortment of wiggles songs stuck in my head all week
50. I enjoy reading other mummies' blogs because it's nice to know I'm not the only mad mumma out there :). Plus some of them are quite funny, some are informative, and some, well some are so incredibly inspiring.


There you go. 50 random things you never knew and never needed to know. Fifty things that took time for you to read. Time you'll never get back. Reading over it again this list is not so bad. I hope you learned something interesting. How many random things to we have in common? I'd love to read your comments.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 30, 2011 at 10:11 AM , Blogger Rhianna said...

We have heaps of random things in common, 50,48,45, 44, 41, 40, 39,38, 33, 32, 31 and quite a few more but I am sure you get the picture :)

 
At March 30, 2011 at 3:45 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

That's cool Rhianna

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home