This Page

has been moved to new address

Versatile bloggers award

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Versatile bloggers award

Hey guys and gals
I'm not normally one to go for these "spam your blog and other people's blogs" award things. But seeing as I've recently been awarded one I thought I'd better play fair and follow the 'rules' of this "award". ;-)

My award comes from the lovely Simone at Meltdown, Chaos and Asperges (see her original award post here) Simone keeps a refreshingly honest blog about her life with not one, but two children on the autism spectrum. By reading her blog you can tell that she loves her incredibly brilliant children very much but her life is definitely quite challenging at times. It reminds me not to take the little things for granted, such as being able to wash my daughter's hair

OK, I only had to give her one link and I gave her three, coz she's awesome, so check it out if you get time.

Now I apparently have to tell you 7 things about myself. I will try not to double up with my "50 random things" post

1) I spent my 22nd birthday curled up in bed with a bucket by my side watching an entire season of Gilmore Girls on DVD. Yes, it was the beginning of morning sickness when I was pregnant with Alexis

2) I generally don't like to throw things away but I am in the process of cleaning out the study and spare room to combine them into one room somehow so we have a room for Alexis so we can have the nursery for baby #2

3) I still have school books from grade 1. I have no idea why my parents kept them so long and why I then have kept them so long. Probably because "we've kept them this long why throw them out now?" I must admit some of them are incredibly cute.

4) I cheat in the kitchen. Bottled sauce all the way. It's cheaper and easier and quicker. So sue me. :p

5) At least I cook vegetables fresh. Right?

6)I'm doing this on Easter Sunday because we're in quarantine and my husband and daughter are asleep.

7) I don't like cheesecake.


OK, now it's time to pay it forward by awarding 15 "newly discovered" blogs with the "versatile blogger award". I don't know about newly discovered, but here are 15 of my favourite blogs at the moment anyway.

1. Pink Dryer Lint - a Christian mummy with 3 beautiful young girls
2. CRAP Mamma - CRAP is an acronym. Check it out. Warning, this blog is hilarious. You have to promise to still read mine.
3. Euro-adventure - a dude I went to school with and a chick I used to work with now married and living in Switzerland. Some amazing photos.
4. My ramblings - My friend Kristy documenting her life with a 15 month old and a newborn
5. Off to the park
6. one john chapter 3 - single mummy with 2 adorable kids
7. The diary of Joni and Anya - Anya has spina bifida
8. Where's my glow? - Another incredibly funny mummy blog
9. Woo Gundi - a new blog from an old school mate
10. Planning with kids - a professional mummy blog with some good tips
11. Three Little Princesses - funny
12. Smiles are like - cute doodles and sketches
13. Gullible new parent - "less guilt, more sanity". A working mum in Darwin.
14. A funnier side to life - my husband's blog. Somewhat neglected. I keep him too busy running around after me :p
15. From highlights to housework - a bit quiet lately, she's just had baby girl #3!

Thank you.
(at least its a nice change from the "my daughter is sick" or "yay God" posts, right? ;))

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At April 24, 2011 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

 
At April 24, 2011 at 1:15 PM , OpenID meltdownschaosaspergers said...

Thanks for the nice things you had to say about me and my blog, is nice to be noticed somewhere... hehe.
And how can you hate cheesecake!!

 
At April 24, 2011 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Hi Karlee, Thanks for the award. I actually received it from another blogger last week, and have you on my list (which I still need to publish)! So now you have been awarded it twice :-)

 
At May 5, 2011 at 4:22 AM , Blogger Robin @ Pink Dryer Lint said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out, Karlee! For the record, I, too, hate cheesecake.

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home