This Page

has been moved to new address

Awww - mothers weekend

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Awww - mothers weekend

Aww

This has been a pretty good mothers day weekend. I say weekend because Saturday was a lovely relaxing day where Corey spoilt me rotten and today we saw his mum and then my mum. It is always nice when Alexis catches up with her grandmothers, but yesterday was something extra special so that's what I'll be focussing on. 
----

Saturday

This morning Corey let me sleep in, then cooked me breakky, then took Alexis to swimming, then hung up some clothes, then prepared lunch while I got some things ready for a baby shower. He insisted I take Alexis to the party. I had wanted to leave her with Corey but he said he'd prefer I take her because she hadn't seen me much that day, which is fair enough. Watching her at the party was exhausting (she wanted to steal everyone's food and run onto the road.) After I was physically ill from running around after her, Corey rang "I have to go to the shops (to exchange a dodgy electronic device), do you want me to pick Alexis up?" I was so pleased!  I enjoyed the last little bit of the party then dropped past woolies to buy milk.  
I got home to see that Corey had vacuumed and mopped the floors and put a load of washing on. He'd even had to scrub some of the food stains off the floor. What an absolute champion. So that's why he insisted I take Alexis. To surprise me by cleaning the floors. It is the chore I struggle with the most, especially as Alexis chases and unplugs the vacuum cleaner and won't sleep through it. 

What a lovely mothers day surprise. Yes mothers day is tomorrow, but we have family stuff then, so my mothers day was today. So thoughtful of him. I am so blessed. I bet he's looking forward to the year when Alexis is old enough to do things for me without needing him to help. 

----
Sunday

Alexis gave me beautiful cuddles and kisses in bed this morning. I got presents too, but they are nowhere near as exciting as cuddles with my girl and kicks from baby 'Wormy'.

Next year I'll have two little cherubs to cuddle, how exciting! 

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 10, 2011 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Sounds like a lovely Mothers day weekend ;-)

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home