This Page

has been moved to new address

The perks of the job

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The perks of the job

There is no doubt that parenting is hard at times. Even those without kids are aware that having miniature versions of you requires sacrifice of time, money, spontaneity and attention.  However, with great responsibility comes great reward. I thought I'd share with you some of the reasons why being a stay at home mum is the best "job" I've ever had. Here are the good bits, what makes it all worthwhile.

- When Alexis cuddles me
- When Alexis kisses me
- When Alexis comes up to me and throws her arms up in the air for me to pick her up. (At the moment this is accompanied by her saying "down". Either she thinks down means pick me up or its a long-running joke. It's incredibly cute.)
- that look Corey gets in his eye when he watches me with Alexis
- how cute it is watching Corey and Alexis play together
- how peaceful Alexis looks when she falls asleep
- the way Alexis smiles and claps her hands when she does something clever
- the way she spins in circles
- the way she says "ooh ooh!" when she gets excited
- her laugh
- allowing Alexis to brighten the day of check-out-chicks, bank tellers, little old ladies at the supermarket and tradesmen
- cuddling up for naps together and waking up next to her
- the way she plonks herself in my lap with a book
- playing blocks, duplo, playdo or in our little ball bit (big plastic container full of balls)
- watching her dance
- having someone who appreciates my singing (although it hurts my feelings how she turns the keyboard off when I play!)
- watching her run
- being a big kid
- having an excuse to watch children's TV
- feeling baby Wormy move inside me
- wondering what baby Wormy will turn out like
- the way Alexis lights up and points to me when she sees me after we've been apart for a little while
- the way Alexis lights up and runs to Corey when he gets home
- the way she says "mumma"
- collapsing into bed at night knowing I gave it my all

Of course the hardest thing about being a mum is dragging myself out of bed five minutes later when she wakes up screaming, but we can't have it all can we?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At May 17, 2011 at 1:14 PM , Anonymous Kristy said...

It really is the best job in the world hey!! Especially when they come for a kiss and cuddle cause they want one, not cause you've asked!!!

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home