This Page

has been moved to new address

There were three in the bed...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

There were three in the bed...

You know that song?

There were three in the bed and the little one said "roll over. Roll over." So they all rolled over and one fell out.

Well it's a bit like that around here but not quite. At 5:30 Alexis woke up. Corey changed her nappy because Alexis has been doing such big wees that the nappies are actually starting to overflow if we leave them too long. I'm serious, it happened in the early hours of yesterday morning. We did not want a repeat of that.

When she was dry and dressed she would fall asleep in my arms with relative ease but not transfer to the cot. Perhaps she was playing me because she's used to snuggling in the big bed in the early morning. (It is becoming a bit of a pattern). Perhaps it was just too cold for her to settle down for sleep in the cot. Either way it was far too cold for me to tolerate sitting up on the couch with my chest hanging out for much longer, so into the big bed we went.

Corey volunteered to leave so we had more space but I said not to worry. She sleeps on my arm or close to it regardless of how much room there is. I was wedged between Alexis and Corey and HE rolled over and I accidentally rolled over. I discovered that I was quite comfortable. He couldn't handle the lack of space so he got up and left. So its more like, "there were 3 in the bed and the big one got up and left and killed imaginary bad guys on the internet so the other two rolled over."

At some stage a while later I woke to go to the toilet. When I got back this was all the space left. I tried to snuggle in and go back to sleep but its pointless now. Corey has to leave soon I'm better off having a shower. So its like "there were 2 in the bed and the big one had to pee so the little one rolled over".

The little one clearly doesn't seem phased by my abscence. I could try and put her back in her cot, but I just don't have the heart to move her. I know I'm a softy but just look at her.

"There was one in the bed and that little one said, I have you wrapped around my little finger, ah this is the life."   

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At May 11, 2011 at 11:49 PM , Blogger Rhianna said...

Exactly how mine like to sleep as well!

 
At May 15, 2011 at 1:06 AM , Blogger Glowless @ Where's My Glow said...

For his morning feed I bring Tricky in to our bed for lovely snuggly cuddles, it's such a special time, cherish it.

 
At May 17, 2011 at 11:53 AM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

I agree Glowless, morning snuggles are very special. We started with just Saturday mornings but now she doesn't have a morning feed its a nice way to still get that contact plus delay getting up to get breakfast ready.

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home