This Page

has been moved to new address

Blog posts never written - a sort of "to do" list

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, July 8, 2011

Blog posts never written - a sort of "to do" list

Oh my gosh where to start. There are so many things I want to blog about but I'm not sure where the best place to start is. Time has been incredibly limited lately and so all these little posts I mentally wrote have never been jotted down or typed up. Do you mentally write your blog posts? By this I mean I'll be driving or eating or showering or cooking or doing the dishes or whatever and an idea for a post will come into my head and I'll start "writing" it out in my head. I allow it to develop and progress and run with it for a little while to see how it goes. Most of the time I continue what I'm doing, think whether it will work as a post or not, and try to remember to get around to it later. This seems to work for me. Some people sit at the computer at a designated time saying "this is blog time" but that is not my style. Sometimes I drop what I'm doing and "must blog about this NOW", such as when Alexis trampled chocolate cake throughout the bedroom and when I'm tired and cranky and want more sleep but Alexis won't go to her father and leave me in peace. Most of the time though I realise that it's not appropriate to drop everything and blog then and there, and thus a lot of posts never get officially written.

I used to have the best memory. I used to be able to remember every little detail days, weeks, months, even years after the event. These days I'm lucky to remember to take my pregnancy multi-vitamin or to always make sure there's enough milk in the fridge for Alexis to have a bottle or to buy a birthday card in time to send down to our family in NSW, or to take the sharp knives off the kitchen table after meals... Slight break while I go take my vitamin. Now where was I?

Then there's the posts that don't get written because the timing isn't right. Corey and I have a little announcement to make regarding baby Wormy. In my post to peek or not to peek I rambled on about how Corey and I were unsure if we wanted to find out the sex of the baby or not. As explained in the post, we had always said we would find out this time around but weren't sure if we wanted to relive the excitement of the surprise we had when Alexis was born. This post attracted a lot of interesting comments. In the end, we didn't find out... at our first morphology scan. Wormy got bored part way through the first scan and decided not to let the sonographers see his/her pretty face and wouldn't stay still long enough to let them check his/her heart. So we had to go back a week later. We were not impressed at having to go in again, considering I prepared for an hour, made Corey be late to work again because Alexis was being impossible, and waited (with a screaming toddler) for at least half an hour (while busting to go to the toilet. To then be told to empty my bladder once I got in there because the bladder was pushing the baby into an akward position. So that's why I felt like I was going to explode?)for a five minute scan. We decided that while we were there we were going to find out the sex. So we did.

I had a whole post mentally prepared about it. I didn't write it because we wanted to tell our families in person first. With a family member in hospital and another overseas it took a while to get the word out. By then it seemed to late to just go "oh by the way, it's a...". So I had a big post lined up, in my head of course, I never wrote it. Then it was leading up to my niece's birthday and we didn't want to detract from that, so we didn't. Then a cousin had a baby. Then it was my mumma's birthday. Basically we're at the stage now where everyone thinks we don't know so it's like, "um, do we announce it now?" Anyway, the announcement deserves a post of its own, so I'll just tease you for now. "I know something you don't know!" If you would like to have a guess of baby's sex feel free to do so in a comment.

Baby Wormy's big announcement is only one post of many that were never written. Here's some examples of posts I would love to have written. Who knows, maybe this can be my bloggy to-do list and I'll come back here and add the links when each post is done.

- 'Doll abuse'. What I spent the night of April 29 doing (while most were watching the royal wedding) will have your stomach churning

- she has to sleep eventually right?

- how do I balance a baby belly, a toddler, and a sick husband?

- WE PEEKED!.. It's a ....

- online shopping: a convenient pain in the backside

- party in the jungle: Happy Birthday "Bubba Bella"

- R is for routine, and rack off

- Size 2 gender differences even more noticeable

- Ok so maybe getting her to bed earlier is a great idea... but how to get her to stay asleep?

- So that's what 8 hours sleep feels like

- So that's how stay at home mums get bored, THEIR kids SLEEP!

- Oh goody, another tooth, oh, 5 teeth coming at once? Why not!

and recently...

- Why won't she stop coughing?

- What the heck is that rash?

- Four doctors appointments in three days

- What the heck am I doing wrong?

and

- come on it was only a few late nights, go back to your "routine" now.

I wonder if these posts will ever be written. Any titles take your fancy more than others? If you make a request I'll try to fill in the gaps. :) Eventually...

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At July 8, 2011 at 9:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Aunty Karlee, a blog all about my birthday would be so great :). I'd print it and put it in my baby book to keep forever : D. Love from Izy xx

 
At July 8, 2011 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

Sounds exactly like me..... I have about 5 drafts to finish off and about 10 different topics in my head to write about (with all posts pretty much written in my head!) I have to chose.... do I go to bed and sleep or sit up and blog, because when the kids are in bed is the only uninterrupted time I get to actually concentrate on it for more than 5 minutes.... sleep always wins out!

And my complete stab in the dark is... "it's a ... (um...) another girl"??? (Just cause everyone seems to be having girls atm!)

 
At July 8, 2011 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Glen said...

How about - The day that chocolate saved my life?

or pizza

or cake

Hmm - it might just be me that thinks that way though...

 
At July 11, 2011 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Glowless @ Where's My Glow said...

I have a drafts folder full of half finished things :) By the time I get to them the event that spurred them is long gone but I just write it anyway :P

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home