This Page

has been moved to new address

Thank God the holidays are over

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, July 8, 2011

Thank God the holidays are over

I am perfectly aware that this blog post's title makes me sound like an evil witch. A grinch. A she-devil. A mean mean mean selfish lady. Yeah, well, I'll cop the flack. I'll probably even cop it from my parents, who are in a profession which back to school means back to work for them too. It's been fun to catch up a little more with my folks, but, with all my heart I cannot WAIT for school to go back. Is it Monday? Tuesday?

Now I know what you're thinking, I don't have school age children. Yes that's true. I don't have school age children and I'm not a student. I'm just a selfish stay at home mum who wants my normal schedule back. I want, quite frankly, to go to the shops and it not take an extra hour. I want to go to the bank without fear of school holiday antics. I want to be able to take my daughter to the park. And most importantly, I want to be able to nap.

I know that admitting this is like putting a sign on my head saying "child-hater" but it's not really the case. I love children... in small doses. Children are OK - if their parents make some sort of effort to control them. Good luck with that though. To be honest it's not that I want the children to disappear, most of all it's that I want the lady next door to go back to work. Let me explain.

The lady next door has been home all holidays. With the risk of being judgemental, she doesn't seem to give a brass razoo about her kids. She has had a different friend over every day. From about midday to about 10pm her and her friend sit on the back veranda (which happens to be right next to my bedroom window)and giggle and laugh and talk obnoxiously loudly while the children throw things at each other, run riot, and scream at the top of their lungs. The only time I've heard her adress the children at all is to swear at one of them for touching something poisonous and yell at him to "wash your f..... hands". Charming. Just what I like to hear when I'm trying to drift off to sleep.

The spare room is at the other end of the house and I've tried it a few times, but it is on the street where the tribe the neighbourhood children gather. It's great to hear children happily together, but if they run their bikes into my car or kick a football into my garage door one more time I might have to put my cranky pants on and go see their parents. That's if I could work out who belongs to who. It seems like every kid from the suburb has decided to assemble at the house directly across from us. Then again maybe it's just their family. It is a pretty big family with a zillion littlies running around all the time let alone when the bigger kids aren't in school.

I know I'm horrible. I'm selfish. I'm mean. Maybe it's the angst from hearing the pre-teens nextdoor screaming at the top of their lungs for the last half hour.

At least for the last two weeks I've been more productive on the housework front. We've eaten well, most of the time, and we've rarely run out of clothes. Still, when Alexis is teething and sick so not sleeping well at night and baby Wormy kicks me with gusto at random intervals waking me up, I do wish I could have a gentle nap for half an hour or so once a day. It wouldn't really hurt now would it?

Any stay at home mums game enough to empathise with me on this one?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 8, 2011 at 6:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have some exuberant children with potty mouths too Karlz :). And they can't just say the swear words, they have to scream them in their yards next to our fence at the top of their lungs! I empathize! Xx. Manda

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home