This Page

has been moved to new address

getting creative - When you're gone

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

getting creative - When you're gone

I recently merged my pregnancy blog and creative writing blog with this one because they were just sitting idly. So some poems and posts about pregnancy might start being recommended by linkwithin. While I'm letting my "creative side" out for a little while, here is a little something I wrote last time my hubby was away.

When you're gone

When you're gone I have my pick of the toilets. When you're gone I don't have to hide the chocolate lest it be eaten in one sitting. When you're gone I stay up as late as I like. When you're gone I spend less on groceries. When you're gone I don't have to cook as much, clean as much, wash as much or talk as much. When you're gone I don't have to pretend I understand what you do at work. When you're gone I don't have to smell your farts. When you're gone I have a queen bed to myself and I can't hear you snoring. When you're gone I make a conscious effort to talk to you over Skype instead of just instructing you on what housework I need you to do and handing you the toddler. When you're gone my parents come and help around the house and entertain Alexis. In many ways my life is easier when you're not here.

But

When you're gone my life is incomplete. When you're gone I miss your snoring. When you're gone I miss you telling me I really should try to sleep. When you're gone I miss hurried morning routines. When you're gone I miss forcing you to eat breakfast. When you're gone I miss watching Alexis wave goodbye of a morning. When you're gone I miss Alexis running to you of an evening. When you're gone I miss your confusing tales about your day. When you're gone I miss secretly watching you cuddling up with our daughter reading her stories while I'm pretending to be on the toilet. When you're gone I miss nagging you to put things back where you got them from. When you're gone I miss you talking to our son in my womb and the way he wriggles closer to you. When you're gone I miss your happy face, your cheeky face, heck I even miss your "what'd you wake me up for?" face. When you're gone I miss your cuddles. When you're gone I miss your kisses. When you're gone I miss your touch upon my face. When you're gone I miss running my fingers through your hair. When you're gone I miss the way my heart melts when you hold my hand.

When you're gone I can't wait for you to come home.

I miss you.

Joining up with I Blog on Tuesdays with Jess at http://diaryofastay-at-home-mum.blogspot.com/

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At August 16, 2011 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Rhianna said...

Nice one! The chocolate made me laugh as I do the same thing here

 
At August 16, 2011 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Kristy said...

That is just beautiful and bought a tear to my eye. Isn't it great to have a wonderful husband who literally does just complete your life!!! Don't know where I'd be without mine!!!

 
At August 16, 2011 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Gemma @ My Big Nutshell said...

beautiful.

I still think not smelling his farts is better than having him home... ;)

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home