This Page

has been moved to new address

Housework all done? In your dreams!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Housework all done? In your dreams!

This morning I had a very productive morning, well so I thought.

In the early hours while the sun was still down and the rest of the household was still sleeping soundly I decided to get some housework done. It was amazing how much I could do so quickly without little feet (or giant feet) getting in under my feet and "helping" me. In a few short hours I folded and put away several baskets of clean laundry. I de-cluttered the bedroom, kitchen, and dining room and tidied the lounge room. I dealt with a few unsavoury emails. I even managed to get the bathroom done without waking the others. My jobs for the day were done (apart from cooking and cleaning up the day's mess). All I had left to do was relax. It was a a wonderful feeling.

BUT THEN MY DAUGHTER WOKE UP AND EVERYTHING CHANGED

She shattered my happy, house-proud feelings of achievement within seconds.

You see, when my daughter woke up, she cried, and she woke me up too. As I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and tried to fathom getting my walrus-like pregnant body out of bed I realised that it was only 6am and my day was just beginning. I hadn't done anything yet. The whole day lay ahead of me.

I had been having THE most realistic (yet totally boring) dream ever. At least I had gotten some decent sleep!

I snuggled in with Alexis and tried to convince her to go back to sleep. I lay there and closed my eyes. If I fell back to sleep maybe I could effortlessly clean the toilets too, I'd forgotten to do those in my previous dream. ;)


Do you have life-like dreams? I do fairly regularly actually. At least this one was pleasant, usually they're pretty scary, like giving birth or being held-up at the bank or finding out I'm pregnant (which is hilarious when I am 7 months pregnant!). At uni I used to miss my exams in my dreams all the time. I don't normally dream about laundry though. Do you?

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At August 7, 2011 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Daisy, Roo and Two said...

LOL!! I have dreams about blogging, no joke. I'm sure I've written some pretty awesome posts in my dreams. And as a kid I used to have such realistic dreams that at one point I was convinced my parents had bought me this doll I wanted desperately, and that after getting this long awaited doll my brother threw it in the roof! When we moved from that house my stepfather actually got on the roof to prove to me it wasn't there!
Oh man, if I'd had a dream that I'd gotten all the cleaning done and woke up to having to do it all over again I might cry!

 
At August 7, 2011 at 8:06 AM , Blogger mummysundeservedblessings said...

I was dreaming last night about this cheese thing I was making and needed to finish off this morning. Sadly the real result of the recipe was not nearly as successful as the dream one. Glad you got good sleep but sad that the house isn't as tidy as your dream. Hope you can relax a bit today.

 
At August 7, 2011 at 9:07 AM , Blogger Rhianna said...

I can't remember the last time I woke and remembered my dreams. I know I have had some shockers. Like when the kids get kidnapped and I get to go and rescue them. Then there is the one where I wade through crocodile infested waters being chased by some baddies! I think I actually like the sound of dreaming about a beautiful clean house. At least that is one you can hope to come true. Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses to you xx

 
At August 7, 2011 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Julie said...

Lol! What a thrilling life we lead as mums hey? A great dream is having a tidy house! Don't worry about the house and have a relaxing day!

 
At August 7, 2011 at 2:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol I've been having 1 particular dream lately....for months liam has been going through hell with teething. He's in a lot of pain and never sleeps through at night. Most nights I dream that I wake up in the morning to liam laughing and when he smiles at me he has a mouth full of teeth. If only it was real lol!

 
At August 7, 2011 at 2:20 PM , OpenID meltdownschaosaspergers said...

Come and dream at my house and maybe my house will be clean then! I hate those dreams!!!!

 
At August 7, 2011 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Jess Newman said...

My dreams have been so lifelike lately! The other day I dreamt I banned Taylah from watching tv for a week, and then the next day I told her off for watching it, and she had no idea what I was talking about!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 10:24 AM , Blogger The Mummy Hat said...

The other night my dream was so life like, I continued the conversation I was having in my dream with the hubster, who was very confused!
Eventually (and after making a joke that he never listens to me) I realised I'd been dreaming and it wasn't real and the joke was on me!
The hubster also had a very life like dream this week, maybe our imaginations are on hiatus for the winter!
Stopping in from FYBF

 
At August 12, 2011 at 11:09 AM , Anonymous Amanda said...

My dreams have some of the most amazing original composition sound tracks that go along with them. Hehe. If only I was talented enough to score them down when I wake up! I had a full orchestral masterpiece happening this morning :p. Ps - this is a really funny post Karlz. Manda

 
At August 12, 2011 at 6:44 PM , Anonymous Laney @ Crash Test Mummy said...

In my dreams I am always missing my maths exam and have to do another year of uni. I am most definitely not dreaming of doing the housework!!!

 
At August 13, 2011 at 12:08 PM , OpenID mixedgems said...

I had a strange dream recently that my 5 month old was already toddling about. It was so real at the time. Wouldn't it be nice to sleep clean (like sleep walk) and realise it wasn't a dream after all!

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home