This Page

has been moved to new address

I know I should have learned something from this

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, August 12, 2011

I know I should have learned something from this

This is my first time linking up to yay for home's things I know.

- I know that staying up too late chatting to the girls on twitter is really fun but it always comes back to bite me because
- Alexis seems to know the nights I stay up too late and wakes up not long after I decided to go to sleep
- I know that although she has mostly slept through for months I should never take it for granted
- I know that 12-1:30, 5:30am-6am and 6:45-7:30 is not enough sleep for me
- I know that toddlers wake up happy and boisterous regardless of how mummy is feeling
- I know that it's often easier to not wake hubby up asking for help (because Alexis sees her father and thinks it's play time. at 2am. Argh)
- I know that if hubby mistakes "please change nappy" for "give her a bottle" and gives our toddler a bottle it's better not to take it off her. She will dig her heals in and stay up for four hours til we give it back (oops).
- I know that by the smell of her nappy about 9am this morning it's any wonder she slept at all
- I now know that no matter how much Alexis pesters me for it, letting her share my chocolate brownie is a bad idea, even at lunch time like I did yesterday. It's just too rich for her little belly.
- I know that I should have learned a valuable lesson here but I'll probably do it all again in a month or so, because I know that I've had multiple opportunities to learn this lesson before.


Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At August 12, 2011 at 11:21 AM , Blogger tiff(threeringcircus) said...

I know that I am guilty of most of those things. I love staying up way too late chatting on twitter but I definitely pay for it the next day.

 
At August 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Lil said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At August 12, 2011 at 11:28 AM , Blogger Rhianna said...

I know your post made me chuckle :) because I too know all of those things yet continue to make the same mistakes. Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses to you, hope you get some more sleep soon

 
At August 12, 2011 at 12:31 PM , Blogger Gemma @ My Big Nutshell said...

totally! After twitter chats always someone wakes up!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 12:56 PM , OpenID neesay said...

Social media induced sleep deprivation seems like a real epidemic! Your knows lessons I'm also slow to learn.

 
At August 12, 2011 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Good Golly Miss Holly! said...

"I know that toddlers wake up happy and boisterous regardless of how mummy is feeling" - Oh girlfriend, that is SO true x

 
At August 12, 2011 at 6:55 PM , Anonymous purely4kids said...

Love it - especially the staying up late on Twitter - hmmmm, who hasn't done that.

 
At August 12, 2011 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Oh no! This is EXACTLY why I can't do twitter with my addictive personality! Hope you get better sleep tonight.

 
At August 12, 2011 at 10:43 PM , Blogger SaraMG said...

My son too! He always wakes up often through the night only on those nights when I'm late blogging. Then in the morning he's as fresh as a rose and I'm a mess!!!!!

 
At August 13, 2011 at 8:46 PM , Blogger Deborah said...

Yes, I make mistakes too and then think - why didn't I learn the first time?! :)

 
At August 14, 2011 at 1:25 PM , Blogger shae said...

Ah Twitter-I love you so much I find it hard to look away!

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home