This Page

has been moved to new address

Me and YOU Monday (link up opportunity)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, August 8, 2011

Me and YOU Monday (link up opportunity)

Hi everyone. I have wanted to start this for a long time now but have allowed myself to be talked out of it. Last night though I stumbled across this beautiful, heart-wrenching post full of honesty from the beautiful Daisy at Daisy, Roo and Two called Confessions of a Foghorn. You should check out the post for yourself, but basically it drew my attention to the fact that so many of us mummy bloggers have things we do that drive us nuts and we want to stop but don't really know how.

So my inspiration to start this blog link up has come back with gusto. What I am proposing we do is that we get real with each other and share the things that we want to work on in our lives. Now, I am the first to admit that I have a list of about 50 bad habits I need to change about myself, and it's incredibly overwhelming. So rather than an, "oh I suck" fiesta, what I would love to do is to pick one thing that we are committed to focusing one week at a time. I want to provide this opportunity to link up our posts because, as a stay at home mum, I feel like my "real life" social circle is somewhat limited, but we do have access to a very supportive online community. I'm going to do it, even if no-one joins me, but I'm inviting you to.

My "plan" is that on Mondays I will either post a new post or post a link to a post that explains one area of life that I will plan to gain some ground in for the week. It can be anything from not yelling at the kids and/or husband, to getting more exercise, to playing more, to being more diligent with the housework, to not having that extra chocolate, to going to bed earlier. Then the next Monday I want to do a brief summary of how I went with my goal, and if I did well introduce a new goal and if I don't, to fess up and commit to persevering for another week. You can join in wherever, whenever. You can just do one thing for one week, or you can keep playing along. The goal is to have a few people playing along who read each others post and encourage each other on the journey, but I know that even admitting we want to change and taking the time to write it out can be helpful in itself, so if no-one joins I'll still do it. The posts can be written anytime but the linky will go up on Mondays.

My first me and YOU Monday post can be seen by clicking here.

OK, So if you want to link up here are the rules:
- Please don't just use this to promote your blog. It's better if you actually want to change (or want to WANT to change)
- Please visit again the next week to let us know how you go
- Please visit at least one other persons site (assuming people play along) and leave an encouraging comment. It would be great if you could pray for them or think positively for them at least once during the week.
- Please do not make fun of anyone in the link up (this goes without saying though really).

That's it. I'm easy. A link to this post or my blog would be awesome but you're under no obligation to. This isn't a marketing thing, I legitimately just want us to work together and support each other.



Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At August 8, 2011 at 9:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the idea Karlee, I will be following

 
At August 8, 2011 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Sharon ThomsīŒ said...

Hi Karlee,great idea anything that helps with motivation for improvement is worth trying

 
At August 8, 2011 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Kristy said...

Great idea.... might give me some motivation and make me 'make time' to actually start writing a few more posts! (LOL... sounds like I've got one to start me off!)

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home