This Page

has been moved to new address

Me and YOU Monday - Week 2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Me and YOU Monday - Week 2

Hi everyone

Welcome back to "Me and YOU Monday". (OK so at the time of posting this it's Sunday night, because tomorrow is a public holiday for us, so I have plans. Sorry.) If you missed last week's post then you can see it by clicking here. It explains what I'm trying to do and why but basically I started a link-up for us mummy-bloggers (or anyone with a blog) to support each other. Those who want to join pick one thing about ourselves (an annoying habit, an area for improvement, or something like that) that we want to try to tackle throughout the week. Five awesomely brave ladies linked up to my post last week. Thanks again for being willing to start on the first attempt! I'm still a little unsure of how this will work, but I'm hoping that those who link up one week will link up to a follow-up post the following week. So, Rhiana, Sharon, Nobashake, and Kristy, I'd love to hear from you this week if you have the time. Daisy, I'd love to hear how you're going, but I don't expect you to as I know you have your hands full with little Oscar. I hope he is doing well and that you are somehow managing to keep stress at bay while you wait for him to recover. This is when I wish we lived close to each other so I could help practically! I will continue to pray for your little champion, you, your hubby, and Oscar's brother and sister who I bet can't wait for you both to come home. (If you want to pray for little Oscar too you can read what's happening at Daisy's blog).


My goal from last week can be seen in detail by reading my post "Taming the Stress Monster Within". Basically I was hoping to tackle my tendency to stress out over stupid little things. I was going to do this by deep breathing and saying a bible verse ("do not be anxious..") every time I noticed myself stressing out. It was, of course, harder than I expected at times, yet at other times it was easier than expected.

I have had a huge week. I have actually had many many opportunities to practice dealing with stress this week. I can honestly say there are times that I handled things very well, and then there are times when I forgot to de-stress, freaked out totally, or just plain wanted to have a bit of a worry for a little while. All in all I am proud of my efforts but I'm going to focus on this for another week instead of adding another goal because I still need to work on it.

In the interest of getting personal, here are some of the things I stressed about:
- apparently someone has a "making goals Monday" link-up and I didn't know until after I started this. I was stressing they would think I ripped them off
- I was worried people would think I was crazy/stupid/weird/etc for starting this
- I stressed about getting to a 6:30pm dinner somewhere that was an hour away when we weren't able to leave til 6 and everyone knew that. Actually everyone knew we were going to be late but I stressed about my husband stressing about wanting to still get there in time. I tried and tried and tried to get Alexis ready to leave earlier, but as with toddlers, the harder you try the more they do a big disgusting poo just as you think you're on track ;)

Here's some things that I somehow managed to not stress about anywhere as much as I normally would have:
- Money, money, money (need I elaborate there or can we all identify with that one?)
- I totally forgot to start cooking dinner one night. I called Corey on his way home and he laughed and we had maccas for a night and it was all good. :)
- Alexis plain refusing to sleep from 1am-5am one night due to teething issues. (I didn't handle this amazingly well, but I wasn't quite as inconsolable as I once would have been so I'm claiming it as progress. hehe.)
- My little girl Alexis staying over at her nanna's (Corey's mum's) for the first time. I like my mother-in-law, but Alexis had only spent one night away from me since she was born, and that was six months ago with a different set of grandparents. I really didn't know how it would go. I also wasn't entirely sure how I'd go without Alexis (it was weird 6 months ago)

For the bigger issues, such as the money thing (crazy interest rate jump on the credit card... Thank God for balance transfers :p) and preparing myself for Alexis to have a sleep over with her nanna, I had to "hand it over to God". That means I basically just said, "God I am worried about this, but I don't want to be. I know that me stressing over it won't do anything productive so I'm trusting you to take care of it." It works, but it's something I have to remind myself of continually rather than it being a once off thing. Oh, by the way, Alexis had a fantastic time at her nanna's and was an absolute angel. She went to sleep without a fuss for her, slept through the night, had a great time playing, she was "a pleasure" apparently. Although it was weird for me without Alexis around, Corey and I had a great time. I even managed to scab a bubble bath this morning! :)

So, it was a mixed bag of a week. Doing this has helped me realise, more than ever, how much it is in my nature to stress automatically whenever something new comes up, and how destructive it can be. So as I said earlier, I'll spend another week on this, and I will keep recommitting to it until trying to calm down becomes second nature. :)


---
If you would like to join in, simply write a post on your blog and link to it here. You can write it today or it can be a post you have previously written, as long as you want to focus on that area this week.

Here's the "rules" again:
- Please don't just use this to promote your blog. It's better if you actually want to change (or want to WANT to change)
- Please visit again the next week to let us know how you go. If you want to keep playing the week after write a post about a new goal or commit to continue persevering with the existing goal. When you don't want to play anymore that's fine, let us know how you went but don't add a new goal.
- Please visit at least one other persons site (assuming people play along) and leave an encouraging comment. It would be great if you could pray for them or think positively for them at least once during the week.
- Please do not make fun of anyone in the link up (this goes without saying though really).
- A link to this post would be awesome but is not compulsory

Good luck and thanks for your support













-










Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 15, 2011 at 11:35 PM , Blogger Kristy said...

I used to stress, alot. Then I had Piper.... I quickly learnt... actually, it wasn't so quick - there was a lot of tiring, frustrating, upsetting, disappointing etc. moments (and a very unsettling year in many aspects of our lives) that bought me to the conclusion that I just don't have the time or energy to stress about anything any more! Good luck and wishes are being sent to you.... what you are undertaking is not an easy task... especially with the baby and the bump and all the hormones and sleep deprivation that are probably determined to see you not succeed!! xx

 
At August 20, 2011 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Glowless @ Where's My Glow said...

You should make a button for your link up :-)

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home