This Page

has been moved to new address

Me and YOU Monday - Week 4 - taming the tongue continued

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, August 29, 2011

Me and YOU Monday - Week 4 - taming the tongue continued

Last week on Me and YOU Monday I promised to try to stop swearing. As per usual I started off so well, I think, kind of. It's so easy during the day because there's no-one to talk to. It gets a little more complicated when hubby gets home. Weekends are hard because there's lots of conversation. Something I've noticed is that I use swear words when I can't think of what I want to say, like when I forget the word for an object and I'm embarrassed or I can't think of the way to describe what I'm feeling. Tonight I called the door frame of the car "that f-ing thing" when I hit my head on it because I couldn't remember that is was called a door frame. Help me. Baby brain is hitting hard.

I will keep trying and I will do better this week. Not that it excuses me, but I've had a massive week (you can read about it in Fat Lady at shops with Screaming Child if you so desire). I've come to the conclusion, though, that I've had a "massive week" pretty much every week for as long as I can remember. I'm a stay at home mum, my weeks should't be that massive, should they? Anyway, I've noticed lots of progress with not stressing out over little things, which was my initial goal. I have been breathless and easily stirred up about a few things recently, but it turns out that could be blamed on my apparent iron deficiency. Both the stressing and the swearing come out mostly when I'm overtired, feeling overworked, or feeling overlooked. They seem to be just another symptom of B.I.T.C&H. Now, this is a little post I've had in my head since Sunday evening, and I didn't want to post it because it was swearing and I'm trying not to swear, but yet it's funny (I hope), and maybe insightful. Possibly. Argh. So I'm going to post it. You can check it out if you like. Then I go back to trying not to swear, and trying not to let my B.I.T.C&H-ness effect our lives too much throughout the week by adding an extra challenge of not only monitoring my words but also the way in which I speak them. Oh no, now I'm really going to need some supernatural intervention ;).

How about you? How was your week? Have you noticed any areas that you would like to tackle in your life? I look forward to seeing how everyone is going. Last week we had two bloggers add their links, welcome Jess and Gemma. If you've been thinking of joining up Me and YOU Monday for a while now why not play along? It's not that scary!(?)

Here's the "rules" again:
- Please don't just use this to promote your blog. It's better if you actually want to change (or want to WANT to change)
- Please visit again the next week to let us know how you go. If you want to keep playing the week after write a post about a new goal or commit to continue persevering with the existing goal. When you don't want to play anymore that's fine, let us know how you went but don't add a new goal.
- Please visit at least one other persons site (assuming people play along) and leave an encouraging comment. It would be great if you could pray for them or think positively for them at least once during the week.
- Please do not make fun of anyone in the link up (this goes without saying though really).
- A link to this post would be awesome but is not compulsory

Good luck and thanks for your support



Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 29, 2011 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Courtney @ Nobashake said...

the way we speak is really hard to change. You literally have to think about everything you say before you say it and I find that too hard. Usually the word are out before I realise. I'm like you, fine until hubby gets home and the swearing begins. more often than not it is at which is horrible. We must have swore a lot before the babies arrived. Good luck with it. x

 
At August 29, 2011 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Rhianna said...

I hear you on the massive week thing, same story here, I always seem to be saying but not sure if it really is as massive as I would have you believe. Oh and it was a funny post, very clever and well written. Wishing you all the best in your quest this week

 
At August 29, 2011 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Gemma @ My Big Nutshell said...

Having to laugh a little bit because I would have called the door frame that exact thing in that exact moment!

Great work on your non-swearing dedication! It can be hard. I've turned to swearing as an expression of my frustration, now I need to work on that too! Not yet, but soon!

Massive weeks can be very overwhelming, particularly when youre growing a baby too!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 9:14 AM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Thanks ladies. :)

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home