This Page

has been moved to new address

My goals for week 1: taming the stress monster within

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, August 8, 2011

My goals for week 1: taming the stress monster within

As part of my "Me and you Monday" project, this post details my goals for this week.

This week I need to work on not using my phone all the time, being on facebook all the time etc etc. I don't really have a choice though, because my phone is dead, cactus, caput, deceased, etc etc. I need to take it in to the shop, which is freaking me out because at the moment I'm stressing about everything new. So, my goal for this week is to not stress out over silly things .




This has come about by a very stressful weekend that didn't need to be stressful at all. I was stressing about going to a bridal shower where I didn't know anyone (I'm friends of the groom). I really wanted to go and have fun, but I worried about it all weekend. When I got there I had a missed call from Corey. When I went to call him back to see if Alexis was OK that's when my phone died. Instead of trusting that Corey would be OK without me I totally freaked out and left. I cried the whole way home because I hadn't made an effort to stick around and meet new people. I used the phone as an excuse because I was so stressed over how to cope in a group of strangers. Hey, don't judge, I'm a stay at home mum, remember. I don't get out much. I don't remember how to converse with those over the age of 1.5 unless it's about said baby. I will attempt to tackle this at some stage, but for now, the stress issue.

How I plan to deal with this is that when I feel myself starting to get stressed I am going to do some deep breathing exercises and also to say to myself this bible verse:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God" (Philippians 4:6)
. I'm going to use the bible verse because I'm a Christian so I believe that God's word is powerful.

I have chosen to start here because I feel that I do the other annoying things I do because I can't handle my stress. Also I will need to be able to calm my nerves before I can tackle some of the other issues.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 8, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Rhianna said...

Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses to you my lovely xx

 
At August 8, 2011 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Daisy, Roo and Two said...

Reducing stress in my number one priority as well! Nearly all of my yelling is a form of stress release, and I think there are other ways to get that stress out of me :)

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home