This Page

has been moved to new address

Me and YOU Monday - week 3 - Monday's suck

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, August 22, 2011

Me and YOU Monday - week 3 - Monday's suck

So it turns out that Monday is a terrible day for a blog link-up. If your house is anything like mine you wake up Monday morning to the old familiar smell of dishes that should not have been left, a mountain of washing, and that dreadful feeling that you will spend most of the day dealing with not doing housework on the weekend.

Unfortunately this is but a third of the pile I had this morning, maybe even a quarter. The good news is that I've already dealt with most of it, so that's something. (Well, the dishwasher is on and there's a pile of handwashing only soaking in the sink and the rubbish is gone. So yay me!)


Those with school age children, well, good luck getting them to school on time with everything they need etc etc.

I know that Monday is not a great day to blog, but let me remind you that you can write your post anytime during the week, just link up to it on Monday. You can either do a post linking to the main content and link that or just link your post where you talk about the stuff you said you wanted to work on throughout the week. It's up to you really.

My week, well I was still working on "Taming the Stress Monster Within". As per last week I've noticed some small victories but I've also had some pretty epic fails. This weekend just gone was fairly huge and I didn't handle it overly well. It was a horrid rainy weekend and I had plans. Even though on Thursday I was thankful for rain I was well and truly over it by Sunday. Does anyone else get mopey when it rains? All in all I THINK I'm moving forward though, time will tell.

On Friday night I wrote this post: trying not to stress while mentally preparing for baby number 2. It sums up my week fairly well. Thanks to some lovely comments I am less worried about how I'll juggle two babies.

I'm still going to have to work on managing stress, reducing stress, etc etc, but I'm going to break my own rule and add another goal, because otherwise I fear I might be "dealing with stress" for the rest of the year. So, here goes nothing, I'm going to attempt to tackle... the words that come out of my mouth . Oh no, I said it! This is something that has been on my 'to-do-list' since, um, 2005? I got a fresh proverbial kick up the backside from this verse during the week.
If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. (James 1:26 NIV)
So, I'm not going to avoid it any longer. This is going to be interesting...

What about you? How did your week go?

Oh, by the way, the lovely Gemma from My Big Nutshell has special permission to link up a post that is kind of "part 2" because she wanted to link part 1 last week but was insanely busy and couldn't get linked up in time. She told me about it, and she's cool, so I said go ahead link up the part 2. :) I love Gemma's part 1, so I'm sure part 2 will be great.

-----
If you would like to join in, simply write a post on your blog and link to it here. You can write it today or it can be a post you have previously written, as long as you want to focus on that area this week.

Here's the "rules" again:
- Please don't just use this to promote your blog. It's better if you actually want to change (or want to WANT to change)
- Please visit again the next week to let us know how you go. If you want to keep playing the week after write a post about a new goal or commit to continue persevering with the existing goal. When you don't want to play anymore that's fine, let us know how you went but don't add a new goal.
- Please visit at least one other persons site (assuming people play along) and leave an encouraging comment. It would be great if you could pray for them or think positively for them at least once during the week.
- Please do not make fun of anyone in the link up (this goes without saying though really).
- A link to this post would be awesome but is not compulsory

Good luck and thanks for your support



Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At August 22, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.

At least you can't blame me for most of the mess. I was at a bucks party all of Saturday.

Love Ya.

 
At August 22, 2011 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Gemma @ My Big Nutshell said...

Mondays is a HARD day. It really is. I find I have to be ontop of everything before I go to bed on Sunday night so Monday is smoother. Then on Monday when i get home to the filth and mess caused by everyone getting ready to leave the house, I swear some days it can reduce you to tears. the amount of work. Good planning helps, but hey people have to live in their house. Big or small it is still annoying. xx

 
At August 23, 2011 at 9:23 PM , Blogger Julie said...

I totally agree about Mondays. I for some stupid reason, have also chosen Mondays as grocery day - which is a HUGE job with 3 small kids, especially by the time we get home, unload etc. What was I thinking?

 
At August 26, 2011 at 10:38 AM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Corey: your sheer existence contributes to mess sweetheart. Good thing you're cute so you get away with it ;)

Gemma: I think when I have school age kids I'll need to be more organised but we survive for now, somehow :)

Julie: I try to not do grocery shopping on moneys because here is very limited stock, at least in our local area. I found Wednesday or Thursday works best as they have just filled Tenerife and the brand new specials are there waiting. I guess it depends where you go :)

 
At August 26, 2011 at 10:40 AM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Silly autocorrect! Julie I meant they have just filled the shelves. No idea how iPod got Tenerife out of that! Hehe

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home