This Page

has been moved to new address

Animals according to Alexis (18 months)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Animals according to Alexis (18 months)

This is my third week participating in Cherish Your Cherubs project run by Seven Cherubs. So far I have recorded what my cherubs are like and remembered when I found out I was pregnant. This week's task was to interview.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the interviews of some of the other bloggers (mostly with older kids) and wanted to give it a go. I can't really ask Alexis the depth of questions that some of the others have been asking, as she is only 18 months old. So I asked her some questions that she was capable of answering, so she wouldn't get confused and frustrated.

I was amazed at how well she did. This whole interview was in one sitting (well one standing, walking around, playing play doh, but in one go) and we didn't use any visual aids. I'm so proud of my clever little angel but most importantly we had a lot of fun. I wish I had recorded this on video, but even if I did I wouldn't post it anyway (Corey and I don't want videos of our kids on the internet at such a young age. It took me several months to get the guts to put a photo up.) So I'm sorry you'll have to use your imagination. I'll do the best I can to describe it. Hopefully the transcript will still be fun to read.

Me: Alexis, what does a puppy say?
Alexis: *makes panting noises*

Me: What does a kitty say?
Alexis: miaow miaow. Hisssss.

Me: What does an owl say?
Alexis: hoo hoo.

Me: What does a sheep say?
Alexis: maaaa

Me: What does a cow say?
Alexis: BOOOO!




I giggle hysterically for a small amount of time.

Me: What does a duck say?
Alexis: doing the quacking action Cack cack

Me: What does a rooster say?
Alexis: puts one hand on head like a comb cockacoo

Me: and what does a cow say again?
Alexis: Boooo!

Yep, it's still funny to me.

Me: What does a lion say?
Alexis: ahhh.

Me: What does a tiger say?
Alexis: raaahh.

Me: What does a monkey say?
Alexis: "uh uh uh".

Me: What does an elephant say?
Alexis: brings arm up and down like a trunk brrrr

I start getting serious now.

Me: Am I good mummy?
Alexis: puts arms out for hug "aahhhhhhhhhh" (like an awww cuddle noise, not roaring like a lion!)

Me: How much do u love me?
Alexis: puckers up for a kiss .


I'll take that. Thanks Alexis. Mummy loves you very much too.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At September 11, 2011 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Naomi said...

That was such a delightful read. Love it! What a cutie. N x

 
At September 11, 2011 at 9:56 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Thanks Naomi :)

 
At September 12, 2011 at 12:10 PM , Anonymous Maid In Australia said...

What a beautiful interview. Love it!

 
At November 11, 2011 at 3:21 PM , Anonymous Amanda @ Not A Ballerina said...

So cute! We have an old book (from my childhood) with the rhyme "Boo says the cow, boo says the calf, now that's no way to greet a giraffe" - perhaps she's read it?!

Thanks for taking part in Not A Ballerina's Weekend Wanderings!

 
At November 12, 2011 at 2:22 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Lol Amanda, I've never heard of it but it sounds interesting.

 
At November 13, 2011 at 1:04 AM , Anonymous Ann said...

I have a three year old nephew who is besotted with tigers. According to him, "tigers go rooowwwll!!" Sounds like he and Alexis would get on!

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home