This Page

has been moved to new address

Calling for back-up

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Calling for back-up

Well I couldn't have chosen a better week to declare as my week of rest.

A) I've been sick. Really sick. Gastro sick. Lying in bed (in between rushing to the bathroom) crying "everything hurts" and wondering if I'm going into early labour kind of sick. Corey has it too, you can imagine how much fun it is around here.  

B) there's been a lot of smoke in the air from bushfires so we've been staying inside in the air con.

C) it's school holidays.

I know, last school holidays I couldn't wait for them to end, (see this post to find out why) but this time my neighbours haven't driven me nuts, and I've been making the most of my parents (teachers) having some time on their hands. I am so thankful my parents are on holidays this week. It is perfect timing.

On Tuesday they came and amused Alexis while somehow cleaning up my house while I rested, made a list of what to pack in my hospital bag, napped, then packed the silly hospital bag, before going down for another nap (this time with Alexis in tow). Yes, that's how wiped out I've been.

Yesterday my gorgeous aunty (also a teacher on holidays) came and spent a few hours with Alexis. It was great to see her as we don't get to see her anywhere near as often as I would like. She even came bearing milk and bananas, so she was an instant favourite in Alexis' eyes.;-)
  
While I'm writing this my parents are looking after Alexis again. They picked her up this morning and took her out for the day. I went back to bed for close to 2 hours. Then I did a few dishes, put some photos on Facebook, and now I'm blogging. I'm only up because it hurts to lie down for too long. I'm still feeling really dodgy and this is about all I can handle. I'm so thankful they understand.

I absolutely hate being sick. I'm a terrible patient. There is no worse feeling I've ever encountered than Alexis asking me to pick her up and me having to say "sorry, mummy can't." It breaks my heart. At least I know that today my little girl is being well looked after and so I can sit on my backside and not feel guilty that I'm not looking after her properly.

I love my little girl with all my heart and I enjoy being with her and I feel like a piece of me is missing when she's not around, but every now and then she needs more than I can give her. It's times like this I'm thankful for back up. I'm thankful for being able to say, "yes, please take her for a while and tire her out for me". I'm thankful for my mummy and daddy. Hehe.    



Are you thankful today? Head on over to Katesaysstuff for Thankful Thursday and share the gratitude.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At September 22, 2011 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Jess@Diary of a SAHM said...

Yep, being sick sucks. And gastro is the worst!

Hope you feel better soon!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Mum's the word said...

I hate being sick as well, especially gastro.. nasty.. hope youre better soon x

 
At September 22, 2011 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Oh Karlee you poor thing :( So glad you were looked after!

*hugs* and wellness your way xox

 
At September 22, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Blogger skyelee said...

I think nearly everyone has had that darn gastro bug this year :-(. Hope you recover quickly!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 11:42 PM , Blogger MummyK said...

I wish I could call for back up too! Gastro one week then followed by cough and cold, for the entire family! :(

 
At September 23, 2011 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Emma said...

Youch, what a week. Back-up never goes astray, especially in times like that. Hope next week is better!

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home