This Page

has been moved to new address

Fathers Day

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fathers Day

I'm not athletic, not even close. Yet my favourite memories of my dad and I spending time together all involve us being outside playing. Dad is a musician, through and through, but almost every weekend and many days after school he would make time to take my sister and I outside and play sport with us. Soccer, footy, softball, basketball, cricket, totem tennis, it didn't matter what it was, it was always good family fun. It was great when mum joined in, but just us girls with dad was very special.

Happy fathers day dad, I love you very much.

This weekend I have been priveleged to witness the next generation of fathers days. As I'm writing this I'm hiding in the bedroom pretending to be getting dressed listening to Corey and Alexis play outside. This photo was taken yesterday arvo. I love hearing the giggles and squeals as they chase balls, chase eachother, and roll down the hill. I love that he gets down on her level and interacts with her. I love the funny voices and growls he uses as he does it. It is so cute to observe from afar.

Last night he even watched her while I went to a tupperware pamper party. Once he got her to bed he cleaned our bedroom and walk in robe because he knew the mess was getting me down but I haven't been well enough to do it. He's a good daddy and a good hubby, what a catch.

Every now and then though I think its important to step back and let them have some time without me because Alexis has a tendency to cling to me when I'm around. This morning though she's definitely daddy's girl. I wonder if that's because he gave her popcorn and timtams last night? Anyway I had better get out there and join the fun.

Happy fathers day to all the awesome dads out there.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At September 4, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Blogger •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Aww what a special Daddy. Both of them

 
At September 4, 2011 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Kristy said...

Hope Corey has had great Father's Day... bet you girls have made it really special for him :)

Isn't it great to have an awesome man by your side.... I feel so blessed every single day for all the amazing things and happiness Todd has bought to my life and watching him with the girls makes me happier than anything :)

PS. Soooo great to see you and Wormy last night!! Must arrange a catch up with the girls SOON!!!!!

 
At September 6, 2011 at 12:22 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Thanks Trish and Kristy. Yes they are both very special men.
Kristy, facebook me ;)

 
At October 21, 2011 at 2:37 PM , Anonymous Amanda @ Not A Ballerina said...

Aw, lovely! Watching dads with their kids is so much fun. My little boy spends the whole day wondering where Papa is (he's only 18 months so just goes around saying "No Papa?") and is so excited when he comes home.

Thanks for taking part in Not A Ballerina's Weekend Wanderings!

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home