This Page

has been moved to new address

Me and YOU Monday week 8 - the "meh" edition

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, September 26, 2011

Me and YOU Monday week 8 - the "meh" edition

Yes yes yes, it's Monday again! Mondays do tend to sneak up on us don't they. :)

My goal for last week was to rest up. Plain and simple. Usually I start off finding my goals difficult but do OK by the end of the week. This time was different. I was ill with gastro from the time I posted goal, so I had no choice but to rest. You can read all about it in my post from Thursday: Calling for back-up.

By Friday I was feeling well again, and the smoke had cleared (finally!) so Alexis and I played outside for hours. By Saturday I was restless so managed to convince Corey to take us grocery shopping. (Sad much?) Yesterday we went to church and then after a rest did some work in the garden. Now I'm tired again. The garden looks great though. Well actually that's a bit of a lie. We tried to weed the front yard and after hours we managed a piece of yard about the width of a car. The weeds grow up tough around here. Oh, when I say "we", I mean Corey, with Alexis pulling a few little leaves off now and then (mega proud of herself of course) and me out there for moral support. "We" did what we could, and will have to hit it little by little until it's done. It was quite fun.

I'm over the gastro now, thankfully, but I'm still pregnant and vague, and it's taking my body a while to recoup from the lack of vitamins for those few days. I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm torn between trying to get as much done as humanly possible around the house to prepare for baby's arrival; spending as much fun 1 on 1 time with Alexis as possible; running all those odd jobs and errands I've been putting off while I still can; pouring a bit of time into my blog while I can; or catching up with all those people who I've meaning to catch up with for so long but never get around to catching up with. I just don't know.

I'm a bit "meh" and "blah" at the moment. I don't even have a goal. I guess, for want of a better goal, I would say to stop trying to please people and "earn my stripes" but just enjoy life and be comfortable enough with my own decisions. If someone asks me to do something and I don't want to because I'm not up to it I want to be able to say, "thanks but no thanks" and leave it at that and not feel guilty.

I don't even know if I can be bothered keeping going with this Me and YOU Monday thing. There's never many people linking up. I probably just need a good nap and I'll cheer up a bit, but really, how much time will I have once baby's born? So many questions.... If you have been wanting to play but haven't got involved yet, here's your chance.


How did your week go?

Do you have a small area of your life you'd like to change? Would you like our little online community to support you with it? If so, why not join in Me and YOU Monday? Your goal can be anything at all: playing more, doing the dishes, not yelling, not staying up too late, not having that extra coffee, whatever you like. Nothing is too small, and if it seems huge break it into smaller bits. If you would like to add your link, then here's the "rules" again:


  • Please don't just use this to promote your blog. It's better if you actually want to change (or want to WANT to change)
  • Please visit again the next week to let us know how you go.
    • You can write the follow-up post anytime during the week if it's easier, but link it up on Monday
    • If you want to keep playing the week after write a post about a new goal or commit to continue persevering with the existing goal. 
    • When you don't want to play anymore that's fine, let us know how you went but don't add a new goal.
  • Please visit at least one other persons site (assuming people play along) and leave an encouraging comment. It would be great if you could pray for them or think positively for them at least once during the week.
  • Please do not make fun of anyone in the link up (this goes without saying though really).
  • A link to this post would be awesome but is not compulsory
Good luck and thanks for your support





Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At September 26, 2011 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Kate Sins said...

I don't know what the answer is... I think focusing on you for a while. When the baby comes there will be little time for you so why not do it now. And as for the link, I'll keep linking! But up to you. Big hugs, x

 
At September 26, 2011 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

I'll keep linking too, but as Kate said - up to you! (Gives me a reason to sit down and write at least one post a week) And mate, with 4 weeks until Wormy's due date, you are allowed to have as many 'meh' days as you want!!! Make all of them 'meh' days if they have to be.... just look after you, Wormy, Lexi & Corey and enjoy your last few weeks as a family of 3.5!!! xx (And we are definitely coming to visit you one day this week, if you are up to it, but I understand if you say "thanks, but no thanks!")

 
At September 26, 2011 at 1:27 PM , Blogger Rhianna said...

Super big hugs lovely lady xxx Go rest some more, all will work itself out. You are an amazing woman doing amazing things, right now though you need to give yourself a bit of slack. Hope you manage to replenish your supplies and strength.
I really like this link up and will keep joining in. I love not only does it mean I WILL blog on a Mon but also I think it truly is helping me to make tiny changes in my life.
Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home