This Page

has been moved to new address

Thankful for blogging and YOU

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thankful for blogging and YOU

Linking up to Katesaysstuff for Thankful Thursday. Visit her post to see what others are thankful for today.

There are so many things I'm thankful for this week. I won't remember all of them but this list will be long enough anyway! I am:

  • Thankful for my "me and YOU monday" link-up. Although it's not very popular it has encouraged me to keep persevering and I've seen great progress in a couple of fellow bloggers' goals. They are awesome people who would have done these things anyway but atleast this way I get to witness it. 
  • Thankful for my own domain name thanks to being in the right place at the right time. I won a giveaway comp on twitter thanks to little hero hosting. I won 3 months hosting too but I decided that at this stage of pregnancy it's best for everyone if I stick with blogger (it's been good to me) and don't try to learn any new technical things. Their stuff looks great but I'm just don't have the time or mental capacity to swap my blog over right now. 
  • Thankful for a giveaway I won through Seven Cherubs where I won a $30 voucher from Romantic Flair Original. I am so excited about this, I love personalised gifts and Corey's birthday is not too far away! Or I might wait until our son is born and invest in a commemorative plate or something.
  • Thankful for the support and online community that comes from fellow mummy bloggers. I love how we can all encourage each other, laugh with each other, celebrate with each other and even cry with each other when appropriate. Thank you all.  
  • Thankful for my husband and daughter who make sacrifices (ie a clean house and my undivided attention) to allow me to pursue blogging. 
  • Thankful for all my followers and likers. 
    • I want to check out the blogs of all who follow me and/or like my facebook page. It's hard because some of you don't have public profiles, so I don't know how to find your site. If you follow me and I haven't visited your site then I might not be aware that you follow me or I don't know how to find your site. It's a pretty slim chance I don't like your blog, so don't be shy, leave me a comment letting me know where to go or email me at themotherexperiment@gmail.com. 
  • Thankful for your comments!
    • Comments make it all worthwhile. Every hour I spend slaving away at the computer (or every minute avoiding housework) is worth it when I read comments like the ones I've been reading lately. Thank you so much for making blogging such a rewarding experience. 

The people who gave me stuff didn't ask me to post links or even mention them, I just wanted to anyway.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At September 8, 2011 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

My days wouldn't be the same without reading what's going on in your little corner of the world, so I am very thankful for that :) :) Hope you, Lexi & Wormy have a great day xx

 
At September 8, 2011 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Sif said...

Aw, lovely! Keep going on the linky, please! I only discovered it after committing to the Seven Cherubs project, but I really want to do your "me and YOU Monday" as well - just want to finish the other one first (hmm, maybe I can combine them because one of the things I want to work on is committing myself to stuff and just doing it - because I'm a bit flaky like that)... Congratulations on your own domain name! I bought mine at the beginning of August, but also opted to stay with blogger for now (because I know it and I don't have the mental space to learn anything else new while I'm trying to conquer the focused blogging thing).

 
At September 8, 2011 at 10:41 AM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Kristy: thanks darl, you're such a sweetie.
Sif: awesome I'll keep it open for you. Yeah I started it before I stumbled across Seven Cherub's project, to be honest if I'd found hers first I would have held off, coz hers is awesome ;)

 
At September 8, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Kate said...

Beautiful post Kristy... and I agree with Sif re your Monday linky. It took a couple of months for TT to pick up speed and I LOVE that now it's not huge so I can read everyone, but there is still a lot of gratitude being shared :)

And thank YOU for joining in!

 
At September 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Ai Sakura said...

Interesting and delightful post :) One of the reasons I started public blogging was so that I could interact more with the other lovely bloggers I met too. So much to learn and experience through their blogs... I'm such a tech idiot that I'm slowly picking up technical stuff to make my blog more accessible too haha...

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

 
At September 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM , Anonymous Kellie @ Three Li'l Princesses said...

Ah, comment love makes my world go round! It never ceases to put a smile on my face. This bloggy thing really is the best. So glad you're getting so much enjoyment out of it and have a supportive ``team'' behind you!! :)

 
At September 8, 2011 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Crash Test Mummy said...

So many things to be thankful for, lucky girl! I love how such a small gesture such as a comment can have such a big impact on my day. Feedback is great, it keeps the motivation up!

 
At September 8, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Kate Sins said...

aaaahhhhh, blogger's swallowed my comments both times i've tried... sigh. can't wait to link up monday.

 
At September 8, 2011 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Lifeasmummymax said...

I can relate to a lot of your "thankfuls" :) I can have a horrible day come on here before bed and see just 1 nice comment and i smile. Changes my whole night around :) I wish i could get the time to go follow everyone on their blogs and on twitter. I follow so many now im not sure who i do and who i dont. Need to fix that.

 
At September 10, 2011 at 10:29 PM , Blogger Miss Cinders said...

I wish my husband and kids would clean etc so I could blog more lol And yep... it's a nice thing to do to avoid doing housework!

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home