This Page

has been moved to new address

Why pregnant woman are like toddlers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Why pregnant woman are like toddlers

This pregnancy has helped me identify with my 18 month old daughter Alexis in a whole new way. My husband has jokingly said that I act like a toddler at times, and, well, when you look at the facts it's not surprising really, is it? Here are some of the similarities I've noticed between my daughter and I at this stage of our lives.
  • We need to go pee pee a lot, and when we do we don't always get a lot of warning. (Actually Alexis can hold it longer than I can. How sad is that.)  
  • Do we really have to wear shoes? 
  • We tire out easily.
    • It is not wise to let us get overtired. 
  • We tend to not realise we are tired til we are exhausted. 
    • But if you tell us we're tired we think you're a monster. 
  • Falling asleep is quite difficult.
    • We fight sleep every step of the way. 
  • Some days we are ravenous (very hungry), other days we barely eat a thing. 
    • It is not wise to let us get over-hungry. 
  • We have the urge to do it all but sometimes our bodies can't keep up with our ambition.
    • We don't take this very well. 
  • We are quite cute, although slightly out of proportion
  • We have extreme emotions:
    • when we're happy we are on top of the world 
    • but when we are sad we are very sad.
    • When we are angry you will know it. 
    • We are NOT MOODY!!!
  • Some days we want to be cuddled and held, some days we don't want to be touched.
    • It is your job to know what day it is. 
  • We get cross with you if you can't read our minds.
  • We are growing fast.
  • Our sense of identity can be a little shaky, so we want to be told we are precious and pretty and clever and loved. 
    • But we don't want to be patronised. 
  • Spew happens.
  • Poo happens, eventually, but sometimes it can take a bit of effort. (If you value your life don't rush us when we are trying to poop, OK? )
  • When we cry you might think we're being silly but our problems are very real to us. (At least for the next five minutes.)
  • You can't possibly understand our frustration at times.
  • We just want to be understood and taken seriously even if we don't always understand ourselves.
  •  9 months is a very long time.


    Do you blog on Tuesdays? Why not join Jess at Diary of a SAHM.

    Labels: , , , ,

    20 Comments:

    At September 6, 2011 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Lifeasmummymax said...

    lol oh that is so true!!! Love it!

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 9:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOL still funny the second time I read this and congrats on going to your own domain honey I'm really proud of you.

    Corey
    a.k.a Hubby

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

    Hahahaha.... thanks for a great laugh!!! So very true :)

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Daisy, Roo and Two said...

    Hahaha! It's funny cos it's true!

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 11:45 AM , Anonymous Amanda said...

    Brilliant!! Haha

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 12:21 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

    Thanks everyone :)

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Sif said...

    This is all so true! I had never considered the similarities but every one of those just honed right in on the issues that both pregnant women and toddler deal with!!! It's a wonder we ever go back!

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Eloise said...

    hehehehe, yes 9 months is a VERY long time. I didn't realise I was pregnant with Baby No. 4 until I was 5 months along (you would think I would have figured it out by then wouldn't you!) and so I only had a 4 month pregnancy and it was FANTASTIC! Best pregnancy out of the 4 hahaha

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Lee said...

    Awesome post. Love it and very very true!

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 3:50 PM , Anonymous Alyce said...

    LOL!! Oh that's so good. So true!

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 4:08 PM , Blogger Moodi Mumma said...

    Hehe what a fantastic post :o) Thank you for your comment on my recent post xox

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 5:39 PM , Blogger Alex aka WHOA MUMMA! said...

    So true - that's me right now...I think I need to email this to my husband!

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 7:57 PM , Anonymous Jolene's Mumbo Jumbo said...

    Hahahaha! Love it - you had me nodding along with every point.

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 8:06 PM , Blogger Rated CompliKATEd said...

    I totally agree, being 39wks along I am so frustrated with everything and everyone. All I want to do is eat,sleep and poop! Much like a baby really

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 9:41 PM , Blogger Miss Cinders said...

    Every word, complete truth. My gosh, I wish I realised it all when I was pregnant with the kids. It explains so much! Man I wish HUSBAND had read this when I was pregnant, it would have guided him to what to say , and what NOT to say!! lol

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 9:51 PM , Blogger robyn said...

    Love this! I'm pregnant too and can relate to just about every single one of your points! Thanks for the laugh!

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Erin @ Eat Play Bond said...

    Oh LOVE IT! especially we are cute, although a little out of proportion, I giggled so much I had to stop reading for a minute. Its amazing how similar you are at this point, best wishes for a safe arrival x

     
    At September 6, 2011 at 10:27 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

    Awww feeling the love. Thanks for the comments everyone. I wasn't sure about this post at first but my darling hubby said it was funny and I should post it. So glad I listened to him (for once) ;)

     
    At September 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Veronica @ Mixed Gems said...

    Very insightful and very funny. Sadly, however, I think I'm suffering from some of the symptoms right now, particularly the falling asleep, tired out, trying to do it all stuff, and I'm neither pregnant, nor a toddler!

     
    At September 7, 2011 at 2:09 PM , Blogger tahlia @ the parenting files said...

    So true! I am definitely suffering from a few of them at the moment! maybe even more then a few! Love your humour and honesty x

     

    Post a Comment

    If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home