This Page

has been moved to new address

Help I'm being held hostage

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, October 21, 2011

Help I'm being held hostage

Help! I'm being held against my will.

My captor is caucasian with blonde hair and brown eyes. She is approximately 85 cm tall and is of a solid build. She is often described as dangerously cute and has been known to pack a biological weapon in her arsenal.

We are in a small room with white and purple furniture with pink bedding. A sign on the door says "Jesus loves you Alexis". A steel gate stands between me and freedom.

My captor has made a few demands. She requested she brush her teeth but then refused last minute. Her request for Wiggles was obliged with a selection of Wiggles lullabies. I think she was after something more upbeat but she soon softened. She already had a dummy and bottle, our customary peace offering. All these things do not seem to satisfy her though as her main demand is an unwavering one: "mumma".

My captor has been putting herself to sleep (without tears) for about a week now but I foolishly went into her last night because she had a fall earlier that day and I was concerned about her. Tonight she seems she wants the same treatment.

I tried to not give in to her demands but her protesting threatened to disturb innocent bystanders. There was also concern she would hurt herself with excessive crying and deprivation of oxygen. Whilst I do not want to reward this kind of behaviour I do not wish for her to suffer.

So I lie here, waiting for my captor to fall asleep, waiting for my chance to escape. A previous attempt at leaving tonight occurred prematurely and was met with a sudden awakening accompanied by tears and the all powerful guilt trip.

She has been silent for quite a while now. With a quiet hope I shall try again to liberate myself from this cage.

Pray this incident not be repeated again. I fear this is all my fault. I hope all the hard work of my hubby teaching Alexis to self-settle hasn't been undone.

There are worse places to be kept hostage and at least my captor is incredibly cute. I would like some time to myself though before her little brother wakes up wanting to feed off me.

Ah the joys of being a mummy. At least I know I'm wanted!    


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At October 22, 2011 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

Would you check out that face ;) Hope you were able to escape!!

 
At October 22, 2011 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Jess@Diary of a SAHM said...

I assume you got out eventually?

 
At October 22, 2011 at 1:35 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Haha Kristy and Jess, yes I got out then posted that. Then I was kept awake by a neighbourhood party til after midnight. Should've stayed there ;)

 
At October 23, 2011 at 7:03 PM , Blogger mummysundeservedblessings said...

I know what you mean about trying to escape and having them wake up. Then it feels like the whole process starts again. Lucky they are cute and we love them to bits.

 
At October 26, 2011 at 12:27 AM , Blogger •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Aww she is so cute. I just keep telling myself ..this too will pass ! Hope it gets easier.

 
At October 26, 2011 at 8:41 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

oh yes Lisa, lucky they are cute indeed!

Thanks Trish

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home