This Page

has been moved to new address

Me and YOU Monday: "mine goes to 11"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, October 17, 2011

Me and YOU Monday: "mine goes to 11"

Monday sneaks around like a thief, stealing ordinary peoples weekends and forcing them to slave away for five long days. As a SAHM I'm still aware of Monday, as it tends to send my husband off to the office. (Sometimes this is dreaded, sometimes this is welcomed.) Today though Corey has another week off work to be with us, so Monday is of little significance except for a doctors appointment for William and I and this Monday link up.

Me and YOU Monday has been on the internet for 11 weeks now. It's been on life-support for most of it. Yes there's been good times, and there's the faithful few buddies who've really embraced it, but like a lame and blind beloved pet I fear it's time to let it go.

So this is the last me and you Monday, week 11. In high-school my friends were obsessed with quoting Spinaltap "mine goes to eleven". So yes, mine does go to 11, and that's good for me.

I'm not prepared to give up the cause entirely though, so I am introducing "me and YOU monthly." On the first day of every month I will put up a post with a linky where you can link up your personal goals for the month. 

If you link up to today's post you'll have until the 1st November to work on your goals before the next link-up. (If you don't join today the next link up opportunity will be 1st November.)

Now because we often don't know the day let alone the date, the rules will be flexible. I will let you know them when I figure them out, I just thought I would give you some heads up. I would absolutely love to have you on board next month. I'm thinking of devoting a page to me and YOU projects so stay tuned.

For those of you who played along week in week out thank you so much for your support. I look forward to reading today's posts.

My week was interesting. It was amazing, lovely, frustrating, beautiful, joyous, disappointing, awe-struck, tedious and incredibly difficult. I love my husband and kids so much but we have all had trouble adjusting to life as a family of four. We will get there. We are learning to juggle lack of sleep again. Alexis is a very good big sister but she does tend to get over excited so we have to remind her to be careful and gentle. She hates being corrected, because she always tries to please, so it's hard for her. My goal for the rest of this month is just to survive, with a smile as much as possible. It might not seem like much, but trust me, it's enough.


I will get by thanks to moments like this:



What about you? 




Do you have a small area of your life you'd like to change? Would you like our little online community to support you with it? If so, why not join in Me and YOU Monday? Your goal can be anything at all: playing more, doing the dishes, not yelling, not staying up too late, not having that extra coffee, whatever you like. Nothing is too small, and if it seems huge break it into smaller bits. If you would like to add your link, then here's the "rules" again:
  • Please don't just use this to promote your blog. It's better if you actually want to change (or want to WANT to change)
  • Please visit again next time to let us know how you go.
    • Seriously, please do try to write a follow-up post. Don't leave us guessing if you can help it.
    • If you want to keep playing next time write a post about a new goal or commit to continue persevering with the existing goal. 
    • When you don't want to play anymore that's fine, let us know how you went but don't add a new goal.
  • Please visit at least one other persons site (assuming people play along) and leave an encouraging comment. It would be great if you could pray for them or think positively for them at least once during the time period.
  • Please do not make fun of anyone in the link up (this goes without saying though really).


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At October 17, 2011 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Rhianna said...

:( I am not sure my house can survive monthly goals, I was only just scraping by on the weekly ones. This has been such a great link up for me, sure the posts not might have made the big time in terms of readers but on a personal level this has done wonders for me. Now off to write this weeks post :)

 
At October 26, 2011 at 8:47 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

yes you have made massive progress personally. You will continue to do so Rhianna. Believe in yourself. :)

 
At November 1, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Courtney @ Nobashake said...

I'm sorry I haven't been linking up. My goals for each week are the same - get through that week of the 12WBT! Thanks so much for hosting these link ups and giving me a chance to assess what I want to chance in my life. I guess at the moment for me I need to focus on my health and that is going to take up all my time.
Congratulations on the birth of your little man. He looks so divine! Take care. x

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home