This Page

has been moved to new address

Me and YOU Monday - Week 9: Finding a sustainable "normal"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, October 3, 2011

Me and YOU Monday - Week 9: Finding a sustainable "normal"

Hi everyone
Welcome to another warm beautiful sunny Monday morning. I hope you have had a good week.
My Me and You Monday post last week was slightly emo. My goal ended up being, um, let me read the post again.. Oh that's right, it was to survive, to be comfortable with my decisions, to not try to please people, etc etc. It was a bit of a non-comittal bad-mood kind of post.

I ended up having a good week. That week I discovered some tips for toddler-wrangling with weary legs, which I posted on Tuesday. On Wednesday my parents and sister and niece helped me take Alexis to the park and we had a great time but I overdid it a bit because I was exhausted and having big digestive issues and very mopey on Thursday. I posted a post having a bit of a whinge about how hard it all was. Fortunately that was my worst point and it was all uphill from there. Hurray!

On Thursday midday ish a lovely friend came over with her two little cherubs and disrupted me from the pain and nausea, even if for a short time. Then I was incredibly blessed my parents came over and watched Alexis while I had a sleep. When I woke they had cleaned the kitchen, swept the floors, done some washing, cleaned a bathroom, done some weeding, cleaned up our garriage so we can fit both cars in again and dragged the outdoor furniture that we were going to dump back around the back of the house and cleaned it up nicely. Dad arranged it in a way that I could sit on the outdoor lounge and watch Alexis play outside. Initially I had wanted to dump it because Alexis was climbing on it and I was worried it would tip, but she's more coordinated now so it's not dangerous anymore. Awesome. It will be nice to sit and feed baby Wormy on too when he's born.

Then, Friday, Saturday and Sunday I went on a "baby moon" with my gorgeous husband while his mum looked after Alexis for us. It was so great for us to get a break from Alexis and I'm sure Alexis enjoyed being spoiled by nanna for a weekend. I'm so proud of how she did. I must admit I was really worried about her before we left but once we got down the coast I barely thought of Alexis much at all.

So I've had a week of having to ask for and accept help but I've also had a chance to rest and recoup. I'm still fat, akward and tired, but it seems like food and I  are starting to become friends again. I can only hope!

My goal for this week is to find a "new normal" for us. I want to find a sustainable normal. I want to maintain the house at this standard without putting too much pressure on myself. I want to play enough with Alexis without overdoing it. I want to cook meals but easy meals. I want to be able to cope on my own two feet while I'm well but not have unrealistic expectations either. Corey has started me off well by doing two loads of washing and unpacking the car before he left for work today. We even have leftovers tonight. So all I really have to do today is unpack and do a few more loads of washing (always with the washing, it never ends). It's do-able. Hopefully I can still be as optimistic by the end of the week!


Do you have a small area of your life you'd like to change? Would you like our little online community to support you with it? If so, why not join in Me and YOU Monday? Your goal can be anything at all: playing more, doing the dishes, not yelling, not staying up too late, not having that extra coffee, whatever you like. Nothing is too small, and if it seems huge break it into smaller bits. If you would like to add your link, then here's the "rules" again:
  • Please don't just use this to promote your blog. It's better if you actually want to change (or want to WANT to change)
  • Please visit again the next week to let us know how you go.
    • You can write the follow-up post anytime during the week if it's easier, but link it up on Monday
    • If you want to keep playing the week after write a post about a new goal or commit to continue persevering with the existing goal. 
    • When you don't want to play anymore that's fine, let us know how you went but don't add a new goal.
  • Please visit at least one other persons site (assuming people play along) and leave an encouraging comment. It would be great if you could pray for them or think positively for them at least once during the week.
  • Please do not make fun of anyone in the link up (this goes without saying though really).
  • A link to this post would be awesome but is not compulsory
Good luck and thanks for your support





Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 3, 2011 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Rhianna said...

Glad to see that the week picked up for you. Our goals this week are pretty similar, though naturally my post isn't quite ready yet...later this afternoon...a beach breakfast picnic is calling right now. Hope this week goes well lovely mamma. Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses xx

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home