This Page

has been moved to new address

Melbourne is very far away!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, October 7, 2011

Melbourne is very far away!

Hello, welcome to Friday. I'm joining in Shae from Yay For Home's "Things I know".


  • I know that I was very disappointed in missing out on nuffnang's blogopolis conference earlier this year.
  • When I missed out on the conference I said to myself and to hubby that there was no way I was chickening out of the next blogging conference. 
  • I know that Digital Parents is having a conference at the end of March in Melbourne. 
  • I know that I will have a baby approximately 5 months old, who I plan to breastfeed and will not be leaving behind. 
  • I know that Melbourne is very far away from here.
  • I know that finances will be tight, as they always are.
  • I know that the thought of going somewhere on a plane by myself with a young baby scares the life out of me. (So I hope that hubby can come with me, and ideally Alexis too.)
  • I know that I'm not the best with social situations, that is indeed why I started blogging,

but
  • I know that I would never forgive myself if I didn't at least try to go.
  • So I know that I have bought my ticket to Digital Parents Conference 2012. I know that I will be doing everything in my power to get there.
  • I just don't know how it'll all happen yet!

This is a huge step for me. Either it's a bold, daring step that will spur my blog in the right direction and help me meet some really cool blogging mummies, or I've just given myself something to stress about for the next 6 months. Every now and then though even mummies need to put themselves out there and do something nice for themselves. I really want to take this blog somewhere, so hopefully this will help. If nothing else, I could use a trip to Melbourne! 

Are you planning to go to the conference? Are you shelling out the money yourself or seeking sponsorship? If you are hoping to seek sponsors, how do you know if you and your blog is good enough?   I'm never great on the self-confidence front, and I don't want to waste anyone's time. You never know though if you never try, right? 

I know this is the worst sales pitch ever! Hehe. Shall we go back to talking about sleep and poo? 

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At October 7, 2011 at 1:00 PM , Blogger shae said...

I'm going!
I'm pretty lucky because I live in Melbourne but will be staying in town anyway. I've found conferences a great way to meet and network.
Look forward to meeting you!

 
At October 7, 2011 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Ai Sakura said...

been hearing about #DPCon12 from the aussie bloggers but I have no idea what it's about haha. have fun and hope everything goes smoothly for you :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka
New: Wordless Wednesday Linky Party

 
At October 7, 2011 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Di said...

I'll be there. Like Shae, I live in Melbourne but am taking advantage of my sister's spare room in South Melbourne in order to go and 'enjoy' myself. Buying the ticket was the first bold step - you're already half way here! Looking forward to meeting you!

 
At October 7, 2011 at 3:54 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Cool Shae and Di, cya there! Ai, its a day event where we go meet each other and network and listen to talks from experts, I think.

 
At October 7, 2011 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Jayne said...

I'd love to go, but we're on a family holiday the week after. The budget/time just won't stretch that far, otherwise I'd be there :)

Enjoy! I'm sure it'll be a positive experience for you.

 
At October 7, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Lee said...

Good for you Karlee! I am 95% sure I will go too. I should just be bold like you right now and buy a ticket!

 
At October 7, 2011 at 9:24 PM , Anonymous katepickle said...

Don't stress!!! You'll have a great time I promise!
I took my then 8 month old to the last conference in Sydney and it was great. Lots of hands to hold the baby if needed, and lots of mums and bloggers there all feeling shy and apprehensive too!
I'll be there, make sure you say hi!

 
At October 8, 2011 at 12:16 AM , Blogger Rhianna said...

I won't be there :( We have just booked a trip to Sydney in Jan and there is no way we would be able to afford it and like you I suffer self confidence blog issues so doubt I would really get sponsorship to cover all that I needed (read if any) Have a wonderful time all who are going...sigh one day...

 
At October 8, 2011 at 5:42 AM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Lee and Kate, woohoo see you there! Jayne and Rhianna, sorry to hear that but family holidays are awesome so I'm sure you'll have a ball. Think of all the good Blogging fodder from a family holiday! (Ideally I would love to take my family with me. I would very much enjoy taking Alexis to Melbourne zoo.)

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home