This Page

has been moved to new address

Our new pram

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Our new pram

This is not a review in any way, shape or form, just my experience and mild excitement.  

On Tuesday afternoon we bought a new pram. It's second hand but it's new for us. It has a few stains and it's not as pretty as our old pram. It doesn't have a reversible handle like our old pram. It doesn't have an adjustable footrest like our old pram. It doesn't have brakes on all four wheels like our old pram. It doesn't have the sentimental attachment of our old pram (we bought it when I was only a few months pregnant with Alexis and used to practice pushing dolls around in it). Yet it's better than our old pram, because we can fit both kids in it.

We have been talking about getting a double pram for so long now but we haven't been able to find one we like within our budget. When we found out a friend from playgroup was selling her pram with added toddler seat we just had to go have a look. I was skeptical at first but we quickly warmed to it.

This pram folds up smaller than our single pram and you don't even have to take the toddler seat all the way off because it folds up fitting inside the other seat. It seems to be lighter than our old pram but it is very stable. We had Alexis in the toddler seat thrashing around (because she wanted to chase the lady's dogs) without William in the main part of the pram and she didn't manage to tip it, or even move it.


So we bought it and took it to the shops to test it out (and because we only had 8 nappies left in the house....) Alexis was in a cranky mood from being couped up in the car but she did enjoy sitting up high in the special toddler seat. It's kind of the height of a shopping trolley seat but she gets to face forward. She was leaning forward like superman with her legs kicking away happily. William, well, he was wet and dirty and tired and hungry, so I don't think his opinion counts. Corey was very excited it has shock absorbers. I'm quite excited about the shockies too actually.
    

I'm thankful that our friend was selling this pram because it's not something we could of afforded new. I'm not sure I would have looked at it new to be honest. I dearly wanted something that Alexis could lie down in and she can't with this one. Also the rear of the pram is much wider than the front and both Corey and I "crashed" it going around corners because we forgot how wide it was. At the end of the day though we really needed a pram and this is a good fit for us.

After two prior attempts at shopping with both bubs, Tuesday arvo was so easy. The first shopping attempt we had William in our old pram and Alexis in our little umbrella stroller. It just wasn't practical. The second time we had William in the old pram and let Alexis walk. That didn't work too well. She doesn't mind walking, but she doesn't like being told where to walk. She prefers to run around like crazy in the wrong direction and then exhausts herself. For everyone's sanity it's much easier to keep her confined.  

Here's hoping the novelty factor of the nice high seat lasts for a very long time. One of these days I might feel confident enough to take both kids out on my own! Wish me luck!  


I'm hoping to link this up to thankful Thursday with Kate Says Stuff if I remember.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At October 20, 2011 at 1:41 AM , Blogger Rhianna said...

lol about hoping to link up that made me giggle. Enjoy the pram lovely xx

 
At October 20, 2011 at 3:04 AM , Blogger AlyceB said...

We borrowed a toddler seat from friends who have the same pram. While it's handy to have, Isabelle can only lie flat in the back, and she's starting to get sick of it and not being able to see out. So I think it's about time to return it now :(

 
At October 20, 2011 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

Double pram ftw!!! This will become your best friend!! :) :) :) (I'll come and be your support the first time you take it out on your own :)!! We can be all.... look at us with our double prams and beautiful bubba's!! LOL!!! )

 
At October 20, 2011 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Jess@Diary of a SAHM said...

I cant believe how expensive prams are now! It's ridiculous! When I was pregnant with Taylah, and expensive pram was $400 and you paid $600 for a top of the range one!
Now you can barely get a dodgy one for $350 and $700 is normal!
Glad you got one that worlks for you. It makes a huge difference!

 
At October 20, 2011 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I have a pram fetish so I can totally relate to the love of new wheels! (Although Jess would DIE if she knew what my latest and greatest costs LOL).

I have no idea how I missed your news either but enormous congrats on the arrival of William! So beautiful <3

 
At October 20, 2011 at 6:57 PM , Blogger tahlia @ the parenting files said...

a great pram is a definite great investment. enjoy your new wheels :)

 
At October 20, 2011 at 7:32 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Rhianna: ;)
Alyce: I hope you got some use out of it in the past?
Kristy: are you crazy? Hehe.
Jess: I know!!! We wanted to buy a new one but even the dodgy ones were too expensive.
Kate: thank-you, I think so too.
Thalia: thanks.

 
At October 20, 2011 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Sif said...

A pram that works is worth its weight in gold! It took me many prams to find the right one (mostly secondhand). My pram days are nearly overvand I'll miss my trusty, compact, workhorse! Congrats on the great pram find!

 
At October 26, 2011 at 8:46 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Thanks Sif. I think this one is going to be a hit :)

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home