This Page

has been moved to new address

Me and YOU Monthly 1 (November): a social experiment

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Me and YOU Monthly 1 (November): a social experiment

Hi! Welcome to 1 November, the first ever Me and YOU Monthly. What exactly is me and YOU monthly, you may ask? Good question.

On Monday 17 October I published this post saying that it was my 11th and final week of me and YOU Monday. My Me and YOU Monday was not getting many people playing along. I kept going for my own sake and the sake of two friends: Rhianna from "A Parenting Life" and Kristy from "My Ramblings". Kristy and Rhianna have made great personal progress due to the motivation from the weekly link up. It felt good to be making a difference to their lives and I did not want to cancel on them and let them down.

Since my son was born 3 weeks ago I have 2 bubs under 2 years old. I knew that at this busy stage of life even I would have trouble finding time to commit to a weekly project. I wondered how many more people would join in this little project if it wasn't such a regular commitment. So I decided to change to a monthly link up. I hope that you will join in.

All you have to do is pick one area of your life that you want to change. Make it something personal to you. Make it that little thing that has been niggling away at you and you just can't seem to shake it. Then I want you to commit to actively trying to change it. If you can, come up with a strategy to help yourself tackle it, otherwise you might like to ask our readers for suggestions. Write a post about it, link it up, and visit somebody else's post and encourage them. The plan is to foster an online community, a bloggy-support-group so to speak. I want to make this work because so many of us don't have much face to face contact in the "real world" with people to keep us accountable but we do have the ability and desire to support our friends online.

Through me and YOU Monday we have had people tackle issues such as yelling, swearing, weekend chaos, stress, clutter, hoarding, diet and being a B.I.T.C.H. We have also had many link ups about housework, which were important because these people felt like they had gotten in to a habit of avoiding it and said enough was enough. We had some great success stories. There were no failures because even though some goals were not finished, everyone made an effort. That said though, some goals took many weeks to achieve. Another reason for going monthly is so we don't feel discouraged writing "I need to stick with this another week", like I know I had to on multiple occasions.


The practical details

You have a week to write your post and link it up. Its best to link up as early as possible but I know we are all busy. Please include a link to this post in your post. Then keep your goal in mind as you go throughout the month. Towards the end of the month start evaluating your goal and draft a follow-up post saying how you went. At the start of December you will have the opportunity to link up that post and start a new goal if you want. Please link up your post saying how you went even if you don't want to add a new goal because those who read your post from here (particularly me) will want to know how you went.

I know that a month is a long time and I do fear that our goals will get pushed aside if we wait a whole month so if you would like to continue posting weekly updates go for it. If you post a link and tag the mother experiment facebook page or notify me on Twitter then I will follow along and pray for you as I did with the weekly link-up. If I find any post particularly inspiring I will give it a special mention.

This monthly link up is kind of an experiment for me. I am unsure whether it will work or not but hey we won't know if we don't try will we? Besides, I like experiments.;)

If you want to participate but don't have a blog you can leave a comment either here or on Facebook or email me at themotherexperiment@gmail.com. If you do have a blog get posting!

My goal for November deserves its own post. Click here to find out more.



Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At November 1, 2011 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Jess@Diary of a SAHM said...

Hope the monthly link up works better for you Karlee. It's good to see you're not giving up entirely. :)

 
At November 1, 2011 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Gemma @ My Big Nutshell said...

Go your monthly link up Karlee!I love how kate says stuff, sends out reminders for her monthly menu monday linky about a week before to remind us.

Keep going luvvie! xx

 
At November 1, 2011 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Ames said...

What a good idea. Hopefully I'll remember to do it when I have my blogging day on Friday :)
xxx

 
At November 1, 2011 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Chantelle @ The Fridge Door Blog said...

Goal for the month: write post for link up! Write post for link up! WRITE POST FOR LINK UP!

2nd goal for month - write post-it note to self reminding self to write post for link up!

I'll try :)

 
At November 1, 2011 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Erin @ Eat Play Bond said...

I like that you have continued this in a revised form that may work better for people, you are right when you say some things just can't be resolved in 1 week.
I hope you and bubs are going well too xx

 
At November 7, 2011 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Rhianna said...

Yay finally got my link in (10 hrs before closing:)

 
At November 7, 2011 at 7:34 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Thanks for your comments everyone. Sorry I forgot to reply. I've been a little bit busy of late.;)

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home