This Page

has been moved to new address

The power is yours

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The power is yours

This week's listography challenge over at katetakes5 really got me thinking. The task is to list your top five cartoon characters from your youth. If I was to take that literally I would just say five different characters from the Rugrats. Tommy, Chuckie, Phil, Lil, Grampa. Ok done.

If I wanted to make it more interesting though I'd say my favourite shows as a kid. At first it was hard to think of five but now it's hard to limit it to just five.

When I was young Looney Tunes, Ducktales, and Winnie the Pooh, were quite popular as were the good ol' Blinky Bill, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, captain planet, chipmunks, and the Simpsons. Having Foxtel in school years opened up a world of fun with Arthur, Hey Arnold, Top Cat, Catdog, Angry Beavers, Ren and Stimpy and Invader Zim with that weird little alien Goo that sung the "do" song ("do do do do do do Shut up and listen to me do do do...").

There are so many too choose from but after far too much deliberation considering how busy I am, my top five (today) are:
1) Rugrats (the whole crew but I think to pick an absolute fav character it would be Phil.. or Lil..you really can't separate those cheeky twins)


2) captain planet (I barely remember it but I remember racing to the TV when I heard it come on. Plus there's something nice about being told "the power is yours.")
captain planet

3) Catdog. It was just so random.
!

4) Hey Arnold (the scripting and character diversity are hilarious on this show. From dittery grandpa to fiesty grandma to controlling bully Helga to cool pal Jerry you can't help but like this Football-headed boy and his crew).


5) Blinky Bill. Not the dodgy stuff they are currently serving up on ABC2, the older more interesting stuff where they had nothing better to do than tease Miss Magpie or Wombo Wombat or Mayor Pelican.


But if you count 22 years old as youth then can't go past the Pinky and the Brain. When I was pregnant with Alexis my husband Corey would often marvel at how I could be so much like The Brain and yet so much like Pinky at the same time.
Pinky and the Brain

Now, fellow list makers and cartoon lovers, I need your help to "try to take over the world" of an Aussie mummy blogging competition. I was nominated by the competition runners themselves and I held that a very high honour but now I've been overtaken and left behind by many many blogs. I have no chance of winning (there are blogs out there far better than mine) but if we work together I might possibly be able to make top 25 or at least leave with my dignity in tact. I need your help.

This link will take you directly to the profile for "the mother experiment" so all you have to do is click on the thumbs up to vote for me. If you have time then that would be great. No pressure of course.

You don't have to be an Aussie to vote, nor a blogger, and there's no registration required. You are able to vote as often as once a day until 8th December.

The vision is mine but "The Power is Yours".
The power is yours

Also because it is Tuesday I'll be joining this up to IBOT at Diary of a SAHM. later if I can find time.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At November 29, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Blogger robyn said...

Rugrats! How did I forget Rugrats!? I loved that show. Quite liked Hey Arnold and Cat Dog too. Fun memories :)

 
At November 29, 2011 at 10:13 AM , Blogger Jess@Diary of a SAHM said...

My kids have recently discover rugrats, so it's getting a replay in our house now. I just love it.

 
At November 29, 2011 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Veronica @ Mixed Gems said...

I don't know why I don't really recall any of those. Maybe I'm too old. :-( I recall a lot of Hanna Barbara cartoons, Yogi Bear, Penelope Pittstop. Not sure if I had a favourite.

 
At November 29, 2011 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Rhianna said...

We weren't really allowed to watch TV in our house as kids. The ones that jump to my mind though are He Man, Inspector Gadget, Astro Boy and Tom and Jerry oh and of course bugs bunny and friends

 
At November 30, 2011 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Jayne said...

My kids loved Catdog. We still sing the theme now and again. Odd that we remember it.

Chuckie was my favourite Rugrat.

My favourites from my youth were Foghorn Leghorn, Top Cat, Penelope Pitstop and Dangermouse. I'm old.

 
At November 30, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger The Rambling Pages said...

I saw Captain Planet on someone elses list although I never watched it. Rug rats yet another forgotten one and as for CatDog I have been wathcing that recently with my boys!!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 8:19 PM , OpenID mummasays said...

LOVED Catdog and Hey! Arnold, forgot about those!

 
At November 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Gemma @ My Big Nutshell said...

I don't know these cartoons but for Blinky Bill!

I'm way old then......

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home