This Page

has been moved to new address

Merry Christmas to you Alexis

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Merry Christmas to you Alexis

Dearest Alexis.

Merry Christmas sweetheart. Mummy loves you so very much. I know you love me very much too. I hope you have the best Christmas and that I get to spend a lot of time playing with you as you try out all your new toys. I am looking forward to daddy being on holidays so he can watch William so I can spend more one-on-one time with you. 

I know you have had a bit of trouble adjusting to having to share mummy with baby William. Can I tell you a secret? Mummy finds it hard too! I love you both so very much and it hurts me when I sometimes have to let one of you cry while I calm the other one. I try to make it even but baby William is still so little and young. It upsets me that I can't always pay you as much attention as you would like. I'm sorry little darling that's just the way it has to be for a little while longer. It would help mummy very much if you would let him sleep instead of poking/prodding/screaming until you wake him up. I know you don't like the gate being up outside his room but I had to stop you climbing into the cot because it's too dangerous.



Your brother loves you very much and I know you love him very much but darling he is not a toy. Sometimes I forget how young you are. You aren't even 22 months old yet. I am trying to remember not to put more responsibility on you than you can handle. I think sometimes I expect too much. That is wrong of me, please forgive me.



I am trying hard to include you all the time and you are trying very hard to be mummy's little helper. You sometimes bring mummy nappies and wipes for William. You love to bring William a dummy, which is very cute but I wish you wouldn't because you try to shove it in his mouth even when he doesn't want it. You are just trying to help because you love your little brother so much.

You are always trying to cuddle William. You pat his head and kiss him. You are easily excited and get upset when mummy says not to sit on/lie on/squash/pull him. You try to pick him up but I say no. You are desperate for him to grow up and play with you like Isabella does. In some ways you are already working out that William can be fun.  I absolutely adore when you play peekaboo with William and he enjoys it too.  You turn the music on his rocker on for him, shake his toys to make them rattle for him and bring him new toys to play with.

Sometimes you are able to tear yourself away from William but it has to be something really exciting like raiding the fridge, watching the Wot-Wots, going to swimming lessons or playing outside. You go off to Sunday school at church even though you are technically too little. The big kids and leaders enjoy you being there. One week Sunday school wasn't meant to be on but you wanted to play so you grabbed Sara (a leader) and dragged her to the door. It was very funny. The whole church laughed and all the kids went down to the playground after you.

You have a very strong will, darling Alexis, but you are also kind, compassionate, loving and affectionate. You are funny. So very very funny. You love to make people laugh. People love to hear you laugh. Your giggle is so very very cute and your smile lights up the room. When you are happy you make it known and when you are sad you make it well known too. You get frustrated frequently at the moment. It is a tricky stage of life. Don't try to grow up too fast baby girl.   

You are desperate to do things like mummy and daddy. You don't like going in the pram. You don't like having to sit in a special carseat but it's the law until you're 7 so you'll have to get used to it. Your two toddler couches are neglected because you insist on sitting on the big couch. You think it's hilarious to squeeze in behind daddy and kick him off. You are interested in deoderant, air freshner, laundry powder, fabric softener, razors, conditioner, skin lotions and things like that. Baby don't get mad at me for not letting you play with things like that, they are too dangerous and it's my job to keep you safe. 

It is a major event to force you into your highchair so I often let you sit at the table. You are normally pretty careful and don't fall off the chair but you do love to hop down with no notice, spreading peanut butter and yoghurt all over the house.  You hate using sippy cups. You find plastic cuttlery offensive. You are always trying to steal adult plates and glasses. You don't like getting your face and hands wiped but you love washing your hands in the sink. Actually you love washing your hands in your cup. Or my cup. Hmmm. 

You are bored with nappies but mummy is waiting until daddy is on holidays to attempt toilet training. I'm waiting because you deserve full attention when learning to use the toilet. The few times I've put you on the toilet William has decided he needs me urgently and it's very difficult to pry you away from the toilet paper. You won't use a potty. I'm also not looking forward to sleepless nights, false alarms, accidents and standing there for half an hour while you mess around. I also worry about germs on your hands because your hands go in your mouth, your eyes, William's mouth and eyes, the fridge, my mouth..  I'm not ready for this! I'm not convinced you are ready but you hate nappies so much it's worth a try.

You are learning new things all the time. You are learning new words. When we are trying to change your nappy you shout "hey" in a very grown up, "hey, leave me alone please this is totally not called for" tone. Do you remember screaming "help! Help!" in the middle of the shops because I tried to carry you away from the eftpos machine? I dread going shopping because of those and the silly ABC ride. Speaking of ABC, you used to say A B C like at the start of your wiggles dvd. I haven't heard you do it in ages. You now go A D A D because of the time you said mummy was M A D.

You really are so clever. You are able to listen to mummy saying long sentences and understand me. You can obey simple instructions (when you want to). When you have had enough sleep (which is rare because you still fight sleep with all your might) and have had enough to eat you are so fun to play with because you have this curiosity about you. You can build block towers all by yourself now. I am very proud of you.

You love to pretend your teddies and dolls are building blocks or drawing or doing this and that, just like on playschool. You love playschool. You love all tv, you're a bit of an addict. When I turn the tv off and ask you to play with your toys it's because too much tv is bad for you. 

d

My darling I treasure the moments we have when we play together and while I sit there and watch you play. You have a brilliant mind and you grasp new concepts quickly so I understand why you would rather follow mummy around and copy me but it's important to have fun.  You will be all grown up all too soon so for now take the time to play. I do try to sit and play with you when I can but mummy has lots of housework to do so sometimes you need to amuse yourself.

Christmas day will be great because it'll be all about you and William and Isabella. Yes Christmas is all about Jesus but you know what I mean. There will be lots of adults to share the load so we will all have time to sit and play. I am so very much looking forward to Christmas. There is one particular present daddy bought you that we can hardly wait to see your reaction to.

You are going to be so excited. There will be so many lovely things to look at and play with. There will be so many tasty things to eat. Hopefully we can all go for a swim too! You are wonderfully confident in the water now you can even swim from one person to another.

It's going to be such a good day. I can't wait. I hope you don't insist on watching the wiggles the whole time. You love love love love love the wiggles. We recently took you to the Wiggles concert and it was fantastic, even if we did have to buy you a $20 balloon.


I enjoy watching you dance to the wiggles but not all the time. Hopefully at Christmas you will be too busy eating fruit salad and playing with boxes and wrapping paper like last year. Oh, and playing with toys.

2010

Oh it's going to be so fun. Merry Christmas sweetheart.
Love from mummy. 

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At December 17, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Blogger robyn said...

So precious. :)

 
At December 17, 2011 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Rhianna said...

Just beautiful xx Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses to you all

 
At December 19, 2011 at 5:51 AM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Thanks ladies :)

 
At December 19, 2011 at 6:32 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

I'm lucky enough to be able to give her a big huge real kiss and cuddle for Christmas, but thought I'd add a little letter of my own.... Lexi, sweetheart... I hope you have the best Christmas ever too!! You are such a treasure and I feel so blessed to be a part of your life. It is so much fun watching you grow and I hope I get to share in it for many years to come. I hope you, Mackenna and Piper are the best of friends forever. With all my love gorgeous girl xx

 
At December 23, 2011 at 9:33 AM , Anonymous Ai Sakura said...

Precious letter to the little darling.
Merry Christmas to you and your family! :)

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home