This Page

has been moved to new address

Merry Christmas to you Isabella

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, December 16, 2011

Merry Christmas to you Isabella

I've decided to do a series of Christmas letters. This one is for my niece Isabella.

Dear Isabella

I am writing you this letter to tell you just how special you are to me and to wish you a very Merry Christmas. You are the very first person I will write a Christmas letter for this year!

I am very sorry I never posted about your birthday party (in June) even though I promised to. It was a very nice party and I loved the jingle theme. I started a post a few times but waited to ask your mummy and daddy for permission to put photos up and then your cousin Alexis was keeping me very busy and I was sick with baby Wormy (cousin William) in my tummy which made me very sleepy and forgetful. I really wanted to but after a while it seemed like it was too late. Please know that I'm sorry I let you down. Maybe this might make up for it a little bit.


Isabella darling you are my favourite niece. Yes, you are my only niece but that's besides the point.;-) You are growing into a very beautiful, adventurous and clever young lady. I can't believe you aren't even a year and a half old yet. When you fix your mind on something you don't stop trying until you succeed. At less than 18 months old you are walking, running, jumping, talking, eating well, doing wees and poos in the toilet, sleeping in a bed, swimming and, if your mummy doesn't mind me saying, capable of a mighty fine temper tanty! Your tanties don't last too long usually because your mummy and daddy have been teaching you to process your feelings and calm yourself down. At your age this is truly remarkable.

You are a little pocket rocket: small but dynamic. You never stop moving. You don't let a lack of height stop you getting things, you will climb just about anything. You seem to be fearless, which is mostly good but it makes us adults a little nervous at times.

I am a little concerned you won't like the presents we bought you. We chose them in July and at the time they were absolutely perfect for you. You have changed so much since then, I hope you don't find them boring. Actually they should be ok because you love to play. Anything is a toy because you have a good imagination. You also love to "read". You have a story book about a cat and you don't let me read it you insist on reading it to me. Every page is "cat!" You're very cute and persistent.

You are a social butterfly and the life of the party. You like to dance. You have a beautiful smile that you share with anybody but you have a special smile just for me. It's true, your mummy will back me up on this. It's like your normal smile but a little wider and twisted to the side a little bit. It's accompanied by a cheeky look in your eye. I need to give you a nice long cuddle every time I see you which sometimes makes your cousin Alexis a little jealous. 

You usually play very well with Alexis even though you two fight every now and then. The two of you have developed this game where Alexis chases you for cuddles and kisses and you run around squealing with delight. Then you say you've had enough but Alexis doesn't understand because she's so excited to see you. I'm looking forward to when you turn around and chase her back.

You are very interested in baby William but apart from a cuddle when he was first born and the occasional pat/poke you are content just to examine him from afar and say "bubba". You are very good at not getting jealous when mummy and daddy hold William or play with Alexis. You aren't quite as keen to share nanna and grandad. It's tricky because Alexis has decided that grandad is her favourite toy. Often grandad has both you and Alexis on his lap at once.

I'm very much looking forward to spending Christmas with you and your mummy and daddy and nanna and grandad and uncle Corey and Alexis and baby William. I know it will be busy and loud and a little bit crazy and oh so much fun.

Last Christmas Alexis was crawling and standing up to grab things and you were crawling along behind her. We stuck you both in a plastic tub and it kept the two of you happy for half an hour. You even had a turn pushing Alexis' toy pram but you needed a little help. You thought Christmas food was awesome. You thought the decorations were tasty too.



This year you two will be chasing eachother down the hallway and squabbling over presents and terrorising the cats and begging us to take you for a swim and not likely to sit for a meal. You'll also be spinning, twirling, singing, dancing, cuddling, kissing, and squealing with delight. It's going to be very loud but very fun.

Merry Christmas darling,
Love aunty Karlee

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 19, 2011 at 5:59 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

I shed a tear reading this (...haven't got to Lexi's and William's yet, so no doubt gonna need the box of tissues!) thinking about what an awesome Christmas day you guys are going to have with the girls getting bigger and being able to get around and play together.... how exciting!! Make sure you sit back and enjoy the craziness for a little while on Sunday.... it's going to make the best memories ever!! xx

 
At December 19, 2011 at 6:11 AM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

Thanks mate. I intend to. Actually this is my favourite of the three posts. I didn't want to repeat myself so Alexis' is a bit more serious and William, well he's a baby, lol.

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home