This Page

has been moved to new address

Me and YOU Monday week 4 - rest in awe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, January 23, 2012

Me and YOU Monday week 4 - rest in awe

G'day G'day

I am still busy cleaning last minute bits and pieces for our inspection (as was last week's goal). It's not really an inspection anymore. It was going to be but the agent can't be bothered but the owner is still coming. I find it all really weird and inconvenient and annoying but it's just one of those things. Oh the joys of renting.

I haven't done much because I really hurt my back on Thursday night and it hasn't come good yet. 

Yeah it's all fun and games around here.

Corey has done most of the work getting things ready for the inspection. I'm grateful he has but also a little disappointed in myself. I still feel overwhelmed at how much I fail to do. I want to keep the house clean and tidy, be a fun mum, educate my kids, be a "good Christian woman" and be a diligent and devoted wife. It's too hard. All the stuff I have happening in my head is crazy. I really don't have time to blog but I want to. Life can't be go go go all the time. I need something I do for a hobby.   

What I really need though is rest and peace. Peaceful rest. Not sitting down lest my legs fall off rest not everything is cool peace, but a peaceful rest in body and in mind and in my spirit. 

I started Me and YOU Monday so that I could pin point one thing at a time to tackle. I thought I was doing well. Mostly. It has always been hard to pick only one thing and I've never seemed to master anything. The things I thought I had a handle on have come back, first the stress then the language then everything else. The thing is anything I try to do in my own strength won't last.

"Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain." Psalm 127:1

I've touched on this before, that only God can heal us and make us whole and save us from ourselves. I guess I always reasoned it was up to me to ask God to help me with what I said and to still work hard to not mess it up.

At church yesterday morning the pastor preached on peace and rest. He said that first of all we must seek the presence of God. That is where God can give us His peace and rest. We must put God first, not doing things for God or getting things from God, not even having an agenda other than simply spending time in His presence.

If you're not a believer you might find this all a little odd. Even Christians find it odd. We try try try to do things and be self-righteous but we have to go to Him and just spend time with Him. When I do this God will give me direction and purpose. As I spend more time resting with God, I should slowly begin to change in my heart. Soon people should begin to notice I'm more peaceful, more relaxed, and more self-controlled. The values I want for my family and I (ones from Tuesday's post: faith, joy, peace, love, passion;.and also patience, gentleness, thankfulness, kindness, etc etc) will only come from God.

"What heights of love, what depths of peace, when fears are stilled, when strivings cease." (In


(In Christ Alone lyrics)




So the only thing I'm going to be striving for this week is to get into the presence of God regularly. I'm going to wait for Him to tell me what to do, where to start, with regards to all the things niggling away at me. Don't worry, I won't neglect my normal essential duties as a wife and mum (anymore than I normally do).   

You should probably notice I won't be hanging around the blogosphere quite so much. I will keep reading the posts linked up to this. I won't disappear entirely but I want to, no I need to, make God a priority. 

For those who don't believe, how do you re-centre and set priorities? What works for you?



Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At January 23, 2012 at 1:42 PM , Anonymous Manda said...

Blessings xx

 
At January 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Rhianna said...

Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses lovely Karlee.

 
At January 24, 2012 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

I think this is just what you need. When you're feeling at peace within yourself, all the rest will just fall into place and won't seem so overwhelming (I find that anyways) xx

 
At January 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM , Blogger SportyMummy said...

I think Everybody needs some time just to find peace within themselves sometimes, regardless of their beliefs...Enjoy your time and I hope you find what you are looking for!

 
At January 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

xx

 
At January 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

thanks mate

 
At January 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

definitely :) and when you're at war within yourself NOTHING makes sense no matter how hard you try

 
At January 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM , Blogger The Mother Experiment said...

thanks Nic

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home