This Page

has been moved to new address

Me and YOU - New Year Week 2

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, January 9, 2012

Me and YOU - New Year Week 2

Yes it's Monday again and that means it's time for Me and YOU Monday.

Last week's linky was joined by two new participants. Sporty mummy's New Year Goal is to spend more time with children. She wants to play with and encourage not only her children but many other children in her life. It's a great post, if you haven't already read it you might like to.

Robyn at Slightly More Depth Than a Teaspoon linked up her New Year resolution too,which is to pretty up the house, to make it feel nicer to spend her days in. I can totally understand that goal. Not long after her post she gave birth to her son Charlie. He is absolutely adorable in this pic (link) so I bet the house is that much more interesting already.

The two wonderful regular participants of me and YOU Kristy and Rhianna linked up too. Kristy had a great Christmas month (her December goal) and her year long goal for 2012 is to someway, somehow move into a bigger house. Rhianna wants to pay more attention to detail around the home and realise the importance of little tasks in relation to a better quality of life at home. Her weekly goals included sleep, dishes, washing, having fun with her family and not wasting time online.

My post last week was probably long winded and deciphering my resolution was possibly a little tricky. There are so many little things I want to work on this year. I want to be a better person in many ways. I've decided that focusing on housework will be a good place to start. Most specifically I want to be more organised and waste less time chasing my own tail. So I'm devoting the next few months to cleaning up at home not just on the surface but in the cupboards and forgotten places. That way I can hopefully find a home for everything so we don't have piles of clutter adding to the everyday mess.

My specific goal for last week was to clean up the master bedroom. Corey had a goal of cleaning up the loungeroom. We both had an over-riding wish to enjoy our last week of his holidays and just have fun with the kids. I'm trying to be a good wifey so I'm trying to do things his way. So we compromised. We both cleaned out the top of the walk in robe in our room so we had space to store some toys so we had more space in the loungeroom so we could move things around so we could make it easier to keep tidy and have more room to have fun. I haven't cleaned the rest of the bedroom yet but the wardrobe looks great and so does the lounge. I'm glad we did it this way.

We donated 4 large garbage bags of clothes to charity. We have two big plastic tubs of toys in the space they once occupied. We aren't hoarding toys. Some will be great for William in a few months, some are too difficult for Alexis to use independently and rather than watching her get increasingly frustrated with them we just 'disappeared' them for a little while. Other toys Alexis still loves but we figured at the moment less is more. Besides she's most interested in William's Christmas presents at the moment, naturally.

Since we removed some toys Alexis has actually played better with the ones she has. The lounge room is so big now as we pushed the lounge and coffee table back. We have a big plush rug infront of it that we try to keep clear so we can all sit down together. We set up a special "craft corner" for playdoh and drawing. We have two big plastic tubs as makeshift toyboxes. One for noisy hard toys one for plush toys. Alexis can see all the toys, see which ones she wants and get them herself. Packing up is easier because everything just gets put into the tubs.



We actually started the process on the 30th December (Friday) and I'm glad we did because we were pretty much haven't touched it since Monday arvo. We've been rolling around on the mat in the lounge with the kids, outside having water fights, busy with daily duties (washing, dishes) or having outings. On Tuesday we had a professional photo session to get some "newborn" photos of William. On Wednesday I took the kids grocery shopping while Corey mowed the lawns then we had family over for dinner.

On Thursday my Nanna K passed away so since then we've been getting our heads around that while trying to keep things as normal as possible for Alexis and William. They're too young to understand and they don't need to grieve for a lady they never knew. We've talked about it with Alexis but only from the angle of explaining that the people around her are a little sad.

Given the circumstances I'm not going to make a goal for this week. If I feel the need to distract myself I'll continue with tidying the bedroom but I think with Corey back at work I'm not expecting much free time. Feel free to link up your goal post though, I would still like to read about what you're up to. It'll give me something to keep me awake during midnight feeds.


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At January 9, 2012 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Rhianna said...

Karlee great idea on not putting any pressure on yourself this week. Once again so sorry for your loss. Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses to you

 
At January 9, 2012 at 8:44 AM , Blogger SportyMummy said...

Hi Karlee, what a great job you have done with the toys!! I agree with Rhianna about not putting any pressure on yourself and giving yourself some time.

 
At January 9, 2012 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

You know I agree with Rhi and SportyMummy. Thanks for taking the trouble to host again (and for writing such a great post!) even with all you've got going on.

Sending love and hugs xx

 
At January 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM , Blogger robyn said...

I missed that post about your Nana... so sorry to hear about it, but glad that you are dealing pretty well with it. My Grandma died a couple of years ago- and it was tough, but not too tough. It helps when they're ready to go. Thanks for linking up to me! And I hope you have a nice settled week :)

 

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home