This Page

has been moved to new address

Oh 3am, I've missed you! ;)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Oh 3am, I've missed you! ;)

It's 3am and I'm sitting here feeding William. It's not uncommon although it is a little strange after he slept through the last few nights. I think he might have slept through tonight if he hadn't ended up upside down on his tummy with his head jammed against the corner of the cot (at the end where I had put his feet. Not sure how he managed that).  I was already up anyway so I got to him quickly. If I'd been in a deep sleep he might have sorted it out without waking me. I probably disturbed him, truth be told, he just probably waited until the end of a sleep cycle to call out. 

Alexis woke up at 2 but was asleep before I got to her room. While I was up I expressed a bottle of milk because I'm getting the children babysat on Friday night. I'm grateful I had the opportunity to express in peace and quiet, it is so much easier. I managed to finish, put the bottle away and jump back in bed thinking I'd gotten away with being a milk thief. William always wakes when I express. Sure enough he did wake, just as I was drifting off to sleep.
  

It's weird being up after a few nights of getting a decent sleep. I'm tired. I don't feel that tired but I do have a headache and I'm hungry. That usually means I'm tired. Expressing does this to me too though. Seeing as it's 3am, I'll go with tired.

I had to express both sides to fill a small bottle because I haven't fed during the middle of the night lately. So I'm not sure how much milk William is actually getting but he is really enjoying the feed anyway. I am enjoying it too, slightly. I'd rather be in bed but I can also appreciate this quiet time with him. It's an extra cuddle, it's good for my milk supply, and it's a bit of time 'to myself'. Yes I'm feeding but it is so easy for me these days I don't have to think about what I'm doing.

There's nobody crying, sooking, pulling at my hands, banging something, pushing buttons on annoying noisy toys, asking me for something or trying to feed me something. The noises I can hear are the hum of the aircon, the whirring fan and William feeding. It's quite nice. I've been reading a really good passage of the bible on my phone bible ap and I've even had time to read multiple translations of it so I might understand it better.

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely stoked that William has started sleeping through the night. After a few nights of actually sleeping well I've started to feel well and have more energy and be nicer and more patient. Sleeping through the night is a wonderful thing. If I have to be up though, I might as well make the most of it.

There is a certain appeal to this time of day (now 4am), especially while William is still content to feed and drift back off to sleep with very little effort on my part. Breastfeeding gets a bad rap at times but I love it.

It is easier to enjoy these night wakings now that they are not happening so often. When I was doing this three or four times a night it got old fast. Now that I have had a few nights without this quiet time though I can appreciate the stillness once more. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home