This Page

has been moved to new address

Has your toddler's hair got your stomach in knots?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, April 2, 2012

Has your toddler's hair got your stomach in knots?

I did not receive payment for this post but I did receive the products featured free of charge. All opinions are my own. 



My daughter Alexis has soft, blonde, curly hair. It is absolutely beautiful but it is prone to knots. She does not like to sit still for us to comb or brush it. Sometimes the only way to get it looking decent is to wash it and start again.
Or resort to drastic measures.
That was until I was sent a package in the mail from Platinum Media and Communications inviting me to review this:


Johnson's No More Tangles hair care range is the next step up from their classic No More Tears baby shampoo. Being specifically designed for toddlers, No More Tangles products carry the Johnson's No More Tears guarantee of being safe for little eyes and maintain the baby soft feeling we all know and love.

The first thing I tried was the detangling spray. My sister Amanda and her daughter Isabella were over, so the two of us tried the spray on our two young girls. Their hair was dry and hadn't been washed for a few days. Alexis' in particular was pretty knotty. We used a generous amount of spray and we were able to part their hair and detangle it with relative ease. We did notice though that the hair was wet to touch and smelt like chemicals. Based on that experience alone I decided that the de-tangling spray would not be something I'd use every day but it would be fantastic for special occasions and if she got her hair so knotty that it started to hurt her.

The next thing I did was try the shampoo and conditioner. I washed Alexis' hair and my hair in the shower together. Sometimes the only way I'll get a shower is if I bring Alexis in with me. What I love about this product is that I can use it in my hair as well as hers. I like that I can relax knowing that if it splashes into her eyes it won't damage them but it won't turn my hair into a fly-away fuzzball. If you're like me and your toddler wants to do everything the same as you then they will get a kick out of being allowed to use the same shampoo and conditioner.

From using it in my hair I found it to be non-greasy, non-smelly and not itchy. Two days later my hair was still soft and not greasy (which is rare for me as I have dead straight but oily hair). I only washed it because William threw up in it...

From using it on Alexis I realised just how brilliant it is. I really like the shampoo and conditioner combination. It got rid of most of the tangles on its own. I didn't read the instructions properly and rinsed the conditioner out instead of leaving it in, but honestly I don't like the idea of leave-in conditioners, especially because my 5 month old has a hair fetish. A few stubborn tangles were left over, which we combed out relatively easily with a slight amount of detangling spray while the hair was still wet. The spray worked a lot better for Alexis in wet hair and it didn't smell at all. I think as a three-part hair care system for toddlers it is brilliant.


Here is what I found in short:
Things I love:

  • the shampoo rinses out incredibly easily. This is so important when trying to make sure you get all the shampoo off the head of a toddler who just won't stay still. 
  • the shampoo is clear and in a coloured bottle. I like this because with the old yellow shampoo in the clear bottle my daughter used to think it was juice, which used to scare me silly. 
  • the spray has a twist lock
  • the conditioner comes out slowly so you don't use too much
  • gentle on the eyes 
  • doesn't make the hair greasy
  • It works
  • It is from a brand we know and trust

Areas for Improvement:

  • I would love to see the design of the conditioner bottle changed to make it slightly harder to open because at the moment my 2 year old can easily flip it open. I think for a children's product this is disappointing. It won't stop me buying it though. 

The results speak for themselves.
Beautiful

When Alexis' hair was still this lovely after a sleep and a trip to the shops and back (complete with floor-dwelling tantrum) I was definitely impressed!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave a comment please do, I love reading your comments.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home